Used NH 630 round baler

/ Used NH 630 round baler #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
Guy down road has NH630, looks almost new,used on 10 acres last 20 yrs. Electric tie. What should I look out for?

/ Used NH 630 round baler
I bought it, hope all is good with it.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #3  
CV shaft is the biggest bill on them. Blew it on ours, was going to be $1000 for a new one. Don't have a CV joint anymore. IMG_0192.JPG

Check the belt splices, and check for hot bearings after you've run it a while.

There really isn't much to these balers.

Thanks.

didn't get the manual with it.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #5  
Thanks.

I have the manual if you need anything that isn't easy to figure out. I ran it on 42 PTO HP for years and made hay fine, but have 64 PTO HP on it now and totally different machine.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #6  
Thanks.

I've bought a number of old, equipment manuals on eBay. Also recommend a laser thermometer gun to check your bearing temps.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #7  
CV shaft is the biggest bill on them. Blew it on ours, was going to be $1000 for a new one. Don't have a CV joint anymore.View attachment 505822

Check the belt splices, and check for hot bearings after you've run it a while.

There really isn't much to these balers.
We sell a complete series 6 CV PTO shaft with a clutch for $625 delivered. A Series 4 CV is $100 less. We are not the only companies sin this price range. Dealers do not buy factor direct and can not compete buy from parts houses or through their Brand.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #8  
We sell a complete series 6 CV PTO shaft with a clutch for $625 delivered. A Series 4 CV is $100 less. We are not the only companies sin this price range. Dealers do not buy factor direct and can not compete buy from parts houses or through their Brand.

It would have been nice to get a whole shaft for that, likely would have spent that easily, but I am in CDN $$$ so I should have stated that. Dealer wanted $1000 CDN for the front half, parts houses wanted $1000 CDN for the complete shaft, so they were still half price.

I've bought a number of old, equipment manuals on eBay. Also recommend a laser thermometer gun to check your bearing temps.
1492292437325.jpg
I assume bearings under each sprocket.

Never had or used a round baler.

I do have a laser thermometer.

/ Used NH 630 round baler #10  
View attachment 506021
I assume bearings under each sprocket.

Never had or used a round baler.

I do have a laser thermometer.

Given there is still paint on the chains I doubt you'll have bearing trouble, but yes, run the machine for a while and take temps, you can see if a bearing/roller is running hotter than others.