Used tractor. Title?

/ Used tractor. Title? #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I have the possibility of buying a used tractor this weekend from and individual (not a dealer). If it works out I will pay cash. I know this is a dumb question but do tractors have titles like a car? My current tractor was purchased new 17 years ago. If there was a title I don't remember one and have no idea where it is.

/ Used tractor. Title? #2  
No, not when I asked last year when i bought mine, just a bill of sale.

/ Used tractor. Title?
Thanks. So if this works out I give him cash and drive away with a tractor.

/ Used tractor. Title? #4  
That's not what the last guy said. Bill of sale covers buyer from theft responsibility, following you home and taking it back, etc. Some supporting docs, vids, witness list would be a good idea too.

/ Used tractor. Title?
So what does a bill of sale from an individual look like? Just a handwritten document? Should I have one prepared myself? Include serial number etc?

Good idea to do the video. That's no problem.

/ Used tractor. Title? #6  
same as a bill of sale from a dealer. put the vin/date and amount paid, and 2 lines where both of you sign, and give him a copy etc.

/ Used tractor. Title? #7  
Agree as above,
but it won't hurt to check If he is the original buyer and keeps records there maybe a " Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin."

Last edited:
   / Used tractor. Title?
Thanks guys. Claims he is original owner and has paperwork from dealer and maintenance records. I have emailed him but have not heard back to see if the tractor is still available.

/ Used tractor. Title? #10  
Thanks guys. Claims he is original owner and has paperwork from dealer and maintenance records. I have emailed him but have not heard back to see if the tractor is still available.
I just sold a tractor today for $56,000.
I made the buyer a Bill of Sale on my Corp letterhead including buyer, seller, date, tractor brand, model & serial # and consideration. It was signed and the bank check #’s were noted. No warranty was expressed or implied.