Used tractor. Title?

/ Used tractor. Title? #11  
When buying other than from a dealer, there is the chance that the tractor is subject to a lien that will stay on the tractor until the lien is released by the lienholder. Where the lien is filed can vary from state to state from either the secretary of state's office in the state or some local office like the register of deeds or county clerk. I do not know where the lien would be filed in SC. SC has this, but I can't tell you for sure if this is where a tractor lien would be filed. You need to check further. Collection & Compliance - Liens

/ Used tractor. Title? #12  
When buying other than from a dealer, there is the chance that the tractor is subject to a lien that will stay on the tractor until the lien is released by the lienholder. Where the lien is filed can vary from state to state from either the secretary of state's office in the state or some local office like the register of deeds or county clerk. I do not know where the lien would be filed in SC. SC has this, but I can't tell you for sure if this is where a tractor lien would be filed. You need to check further. Collection & Compliance - Liens
And if the owner financed and paid off the tractor he will have a lien release and should give you a copy with the bill of sale.

/ Used tractor. Title? #13  
When I buy or sell equipment or implements I have either a printed out Bill of Sale or I'll hand write one.
If the equipment has a serial number I'll put that on the bill of sale along with any identifying markings.
I have space for both my name and drivers license number as well as the other individuals printed and signed.
With cell phones all having cameras I also take pictures of any ID tags and the sellers and my license's and offer to email them a copy.
I also have a statement on that there are no liens on the equipment.
Also the price and payment method.

/ Used tractor. Title?
Thanks guys. Had not thought about a lien.

Rant: The sale never happened. It seemed too good to be true and it was. 70hp tractor with loader. In the one picture on Craig's list it looked good. Had been in Craig's list for 3 days. About 2 hours away from me. Original owner. "Excellent" condition. Price was good. Not great but fair and lower than what a dealer would mark up. Emailed the guy through Craig's list asking for additional pictures and history. Sent him my mobile number. He didn't reply until the next day. Said he would send pics. Then never replied. I knew that if there was any chance to get this tractor I'd have to act quick. Got the cash out of the bank. Got truck and trailer ready to go. Still no reply. Emailed again. Still no reply.

I get it, its Craig's list. I get it that he is probably swamped with offers. I get it that there may be other issues I'm not aware of. I just wish people would communicate. Last year I was asked by a relative to sell some high end audio equipment for an estate. I agreed. Used eBay and Craig's list. The price of this equipment was staggering and we priced it well below market value to move it quickly. I was swamped with offers. But, I replied to every one of them. Took the items off the internet when they sold and even replied to dozens of "is it still for sale" questions after they were taken down and I replied to those too. All this guy had to say was "sorry" it isn't going to work out" and that would have been sufficient.

Anyway, I feel certain it is gone and for the price I have no doubt it will pop up on Tractor House marked up about 20%.

I'm keeping the trailer ready and the cash in hand for a few more days just in case he's just slow and someone else has scooped this one up.

/ Used tractor. Title? #15  
Thanks guys. Had not thought about a lien.

Rant: The sale never happened. It seemed too good to be true and it was. 70hp tractor with loader. In the one picture on Craig's list it looked good. Had been in Craig's list for 3 days. About 2 hours away from me. Original owner. "Excellent" condition. Price was good. Not great but fair and lower than what a dealer would mark up. Emailed the guy through Craig's list asking for additional pictures and history. Sent him my mobile number. He didn't reply until the next day. Said he would send pics. Then never replied. I knew that if there was any chance to get this tractor I'd have to act quick. Got the cash out of the bank. Got truck and trailer ready to go. Still no reply. Emailed again. Still no reply.

I get it, its Craig's list. I get it that he is probably swamped with offers. I get it that there may be other issues I'm not aware of. I just wish people would communicate. Last year I was asked by a relative to sell some high end audio equipment for an estate. I agreed. Used eBay and Craig's list. The price of this equipment was staggering and we priced it well below market value to move it quickly. I was swamped with offers. But, I replied to every one of them. Took the items off the internet when they sold and even replied to dozens of "is it still for sale" questions after they were taken down and I replied to those too. All this guy had to say was "sorry" it isn't going to work out" and that would have been sufficient.

Anyway, I feel certain it is gone and for the price I have no doubt it will pop up on Tractor House marked up about 20%.

I'm keeping the trailer ready and the cash in hand for a few more days just in case he's just slow and someone else has scooped this one up.
What is the list of say the most important 10 features, your budget and max hours?
Maybe we can keep a lookout for you.

/ Used tractor. Title? #17  
Those are a rarity use a bit of common sense and keep your wits about you and your eyes open.
Otherwise just crawl into the closet and pull the door shut behind you.

/ Used tractor. Title? #18  
I was taught to include the following on bill of sales of used vehicles or used equipment unless otherwise specified:

Sold as is, where is, with no warranty whatsoever.

/ Used tractor. Title? #19  
Also, I release seller from any liabilities that may arise from the use of this tractor....
Lawyer talk..

/ Used tractor. Title?
I was well prepared for going into an unknown situation with a lot of cash.

As for what I’m looking for: pre-emissions, 60-100 hp, MFWD, loader, no cab. Preferably Kubota or JD. Prefer less than 2000 hours but that depends on overall condition.

From what I can tell this is what everyone else in the world is looking for too.