Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #221  
Directional tires (like those) should have an arrow on the sidewall that will tell you if it's mounted right
Yup, found it. Learning to properly put my tires on my hot rod from the tractor forum. 🙄 Thanks! 👍

Attachments

• 8A863CCE-45F0-4CC0-8FD0-224080C8D475.jpeg
    8A863CCE-45F0-4CC0-8FD0-224080C8D475.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
   / Used Value vs Age #223  
You were "dealing with" Chinese, Russian, Indian, etc. politicians/regulators?

No, US. But they were dealing with them, or claimed they were. That was decades ago. When I was younger I actually thought I could make a difference by attempting to reason with people, when all they really understood was the color green and how to get more of it. All short term and damn the future.

/ Used Value vs Age #224  
I agree with that. The earth has cycles. We can speed them up or slow them down for our convenience but probably not stop them from happening.

There is a problem in that humans and life as we know it are somewhat fragile and tied to this particular climate cycle. But life itself in some form seems to be pretty persistant & will go on. The big problem that the climate screamers have is that they want people and this same world to survive... well, that's a bit self-centered and selfish don't you think?

The earth and its life will probably go on just fine regardless of what people do. The big difference is that it may or may not include people or a lifestyle that looks anything like it does today.

That doesn't bother me, but it does seem to bother the environmentalists.
rScotty
"They", whoever they are, usually state that this will be the survivor...

Attachments

• american-cockroach-illustration_1376x1147.jpg
    american-cockroach-illustration_1376x1147.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 64
   / Used Value vs Age #225  
Yup, found it. Learning to properly put my tires on my hot rod from the tractor forum. 🙄 Thanks! 👍

Most driven tractor tires are directional as well, so I wouldn't be surprised somebody here saw your hot rod's tires and thought they looked a little "off."

/ Used Value vs Age #226  
I agree with that. The earth has cycles. We can speed them up or slow them down for our convenience but probably not stop them from happening.

There is a problem in that humans and life as we know it are somewhat fragile and tied to this particular climate cycle. But life itself in some form seems to be pretty persistant & will go on. The big problem that the climate screamers have is that they want people and this same world to survive... well, that's a bit self-centered and selfish don't you think?

The earth and its life will probably go on just fine regardless of what people do. The big difference is that it may or may not include people or a lifestyle that looks anything like it does today.

That doesn't bother me, but it does seem to bother the environmentalists.
rScotty
Leave it up to Human's to think we are the end all, be all, of this planet. Earth would do well without us on it; is that a tragedy ? I'm not so sure...

/ Used Value vs Age #227  
It is so woderfully pleasing to dream about good things!
Its like dreaming you can beat an opposing football team while playing uphill, into the wind, and with no cleats on.
I used to talk about "moral victories" to my players when I coach football or lacrosse. There are none. Dreaming you will "lead by setting the example" or "show your competitors the way to do it" is just feel-good, warm & fuzzy stuff.
What we like to call "Bravo Sierra"

/ Used Value vs Age #228  
OK , this is what must have happened... I reversed the tread intensionally in case I needed to run out in the field to retrieve the hay wagon. Driving downhill with a chevron style pattern reversed would give more grip and keep me from sliding, right? Ya... that’s it! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :)

Sometimes people with MFWD tractors who do a lot of loader work will run their fronts "backwards" to get more traction in reverse when backing away from a pile with a full bucket. I personally would recommend adding more rear ballast in that situation. You will be very tippy when driving with that load out front and putting all of that weight on your front axle isn't good for all of that expensive MFWD hardware.

/ Used Value vs Age #229  
Most driven tractor tires are directional as well, so I wouldn't be surprised somebody here saw your hot rod's tires and thought they looked a little "off."
Aside: Funny thing is motorcycle front tires often appear "reversed" because their most critical forces are in braking.