Useful attachments adapted to PT ?

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #51  
Try searching the PT thread for modifications on the diverter valve, but you can start here;

You pick up your attachment, lock the Q/A on to the attachment, and then swap the quick disconnects to the attachment. It is quick to do with practice. Use the attachment. Stop, disconnect and swap the quick disconnects onto the Q/A plate. Use the Q/A disconnect to drop the attachment. I prefer to do the hose swaps with the power off, but that's me. I also put a colored zip tie on one side of each set of hoses, so that the Q/A lever always behaves the same for me.

All the best,

Peter

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #52  
So how do you lock the Q/A plate in place if you move the Q/A connections to the third function?

Where would I add a third function and where is it plumbed in if I go that route?
You have the MAIN PTO that supplies power to motors like mowers, brushes, snowblower, etc.

Then you have the AUX PTO. That is the lever by your knee. That controls the quick attach cylinder to lock and unlock it.

If you have something like a grapple or power-angle snow blade, you have to attach it with the QA, then move the QA cylinder hoses to the attachment cylinder hose. Now the AUX PTO lever operates the grapple or snow blade.

If you want to take the grapple or snow blade off, you have to disconnect the AUX PTO hoses from the attachment and connect them back to the QA cylinder.

It ads about a minute to the process of swapping an implement, and you have to get off the machine to do the hoses.

As others have mentioned, some folks have added an electric hydraulic diverter valve to their machines. I think they connect the dump/curl function of the joystick to the input of the diverter, then run the normally open connections to the dump/curl cylinder, and the normally closed connections to the grapple cylinder. Then mount a momentary push button to the joystick handle.

Normal operations are just that. Dump/curl controls dump/curl. Hold the button in and dump/curl now controls the grapple cylinder.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
Am I correct that the brush cutter hoses connect as shown by the arrows in this picture?

What is the blue capped hyd. connection used for?

PT connections.jpg

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #56  
That is a special return hose, design for an extremely low pressure return to tank. AFAIK, it is designed to be used for the post driver, and any implement with a motor that needs a case drain. Be aware that it is slightly smaller than the normal PTO oil return hose nearby with the red cap.

All the best,

Peter

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ?
If it makes you feel better, I saw some oil in the tub under the pumps. Not sure where it came from just yet.

Yard at the house needed mowing. Did that. Mowed around the barn. Then mowed some weeds off a hillside. Noticed that debris builds up between the front left wheel and the frame due to the discharge from the brush cutter.

I've always been a bit apprehensive about mowing that hillside with a tractor, but the PT is a different experience. Sort of like going from a regular lawn mower to a zero turn.

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #59  
Yes, material builds up there. I hop off periodically and clean it out. Mostly to stretch, but also to keep it clear. Material can work its way along the hoses to underneath the floorboards beneath your feet.

BTW: I always drive with my feet pressing on each pedal at all times. I don't want a bump to cause the machine to suddenly move forward or in reverse. (All it took was one time, and I learned my lesson.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Useful attachments adapted to PT ? #60  
Yep. My PT425 throws debris there as well with the mower and brush cutter.

Drive in reverse and it'll fling it out the front left. 🙃

I've never had it cause a problem. I have an old golf club with the head removed and a spike inserted in the shaft. I use that to poke/dig any debris out after I'm done for the day. Garden hose works well too. Just beware of back spray into your face. :ROFLMAO: