Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose
Three new 225/75R-15 ten ply tires mounted on the newly painted wheels are ready to go on the trailer. 9May16_55.jpg

2" x 6" x 10' pressure treated boards for the floor. 9May16_56.jpg

The new floor is in. The boards are screwed down to the frame at mid point. The angle steel over the end (painted white) is bolted on. This allows for easy removal of boards when they need to be replaced. 10May16_57.jpg

The weather finally cooperated and with the help of the Mahindra :thumbsup: the trailer went outside and up on jack stands again to be painted with 1.25 gallons of Rustoleum Gloss White. After 3.5 hours it looked like this. 21May16_59.jpg 21May16_60.jpg

Back into the shop for the final steps, wiring and lights. 26May16_61.jpg

The oval shaped super bright tail lights right at eye level to the driver behind you. If that driver is in a car. 26May16_63.jpg

Rear side marker LED lights. 26May16_62.jpg

Even the license plate light is an LED. 26May16_64.jpg

Add the tarp, reflective tape and my contact information and it is finished. 29May16_65.jpg

Now, just to satisfy my curiosity. What would a trailer like this sell for in your neck of the woods? I know from experience that trailers in Colorado sell for nearly twice what you would pay here in Texas. Let me hear from you and thanks for following along. I don't make much money on them, but they sure are fun to build and it keeps me out from under my Bride's feet.

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #37  
All that work and you start from a used trailer?!
Someone will be lucky to buy it!