UTV Licensing

/ UTV Licensing #11  
Taxes aren't politics, they are like death... inevetable.... I will report this to Bird the moderator and get his take on this subject..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I feel like the Black Sheep, can't say anything without getting into trouble...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ UTV Licensing #12  
Neil,

Thanks again for this post and subsequent info. Although I dug around the PA DCNR site and found conflicting info about the definition of a UTV, a direct e-mail to them confirmed your info on the need for title/registration.
I called the dealer I got my RTV from to give him a heads up. He just started his dealer paperwork a couple weeks ago. (I wanted to make sure he started before I submitted the bill of sale with their company name to the state. I did ask why he didn't tell any of us that bought one from him to no response /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif).

Hmmm. I got mine in the end of April and (except yourself), everyone I've dealt with about this wasn't aware of the requirements either at all (e.g. my insurance agent that hasn't had one UTV come across his desk) or just recently (e.g. the local dealer).

Thanks again. You’ve probably saved me some headache down the road in one fashion or another.

Brian

/ UTV Licensing
um, yea there is. Your dealer probably did not know it. I would investigate it or you will probably get stuck with the fee's. The rules are for all of PA, I am guessing many other states have them or will follow.