UTV - Trying to Decide

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #91  

Attachments

• warrior800_DSC3758_Small2.png
    warrior800_DSC3758_Small2.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 114
   / UTV - Trying to Decide #92  
It does sound like they go the spring or ratios wrong.
Maybe a hinge mounted to the floor and other side of the hinge a plate that goes up and covers the throttle pedal, would give better control?
Search Throttle Maxx to see the hinge-to-floor-to pedal

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #93  
Search Throttle Maxx to see the hinge-to-floor-to pedal
Someone mentioned that yesterday on NTT. Apparently this twitchy throttle isn't confined to the XG850.

Based on TM's videos, I made my own throttle mod using an 8" barn door hinge. Pics are on my phone, which is still in the shop. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

I also replaced the 3 3/4" 0.08" wire ga tension spring with a .11 wire ga spring. The spring by itself worked; both the hinge and the spring has mostly solved this problem for me.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #96  
I was thinking bolt one side of the hinge to the floor and loosely attach the other side to the pedal (so it can slide, but not flip back). I had not thought about doing it the opposite way.
Is the heavier spring tiring?

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #97  
No, not all, especially with the ability to hold my foot flat on the floor as opposed to having to have it hanging due to the awkward OEM foot pedal angle. The heavier spring alone was an improvement simply for giving better feedback on pedal movement and position.

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #98  
I too have a 2013 rtv1100 and I am looking for snow removal equipment. Can you recommend something. Note I don't have a winch currently
Thanks

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #99  
I too have a 2013 rtv1100 and I am looking for snow removal equipment. Can you recommend something. Note I don't have a winch currently
Thanks

Attachments

• tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,004

/ UTV - Trying to Decide #100  
Thanks
I put a Boss 6.6 vee on mine. I prefer a blower but where I am here in Canada Kubota wants $21,000 for the K-Connect and front blower. So I got the Boss installed for $5300. And that price here for the Boss was also cheaper than even the straight blade from Kubota.

My first plow I was a bit disappointed. We had a really heavy snow/rain mix and being used to using my tractor I let it build up well over a foot in places before I went out to plow. The RTV would push it, but the wet packing snow was steering me.
But now that it has gotten cold and the snow is more powder, no problems at all steering while plowing. I just have to remember to not let it build right up when it is wet.
And with that nice warm cab, now it doesn't matter if I have to go out during the storm.

Attachments

• 20211230_101432.jpg
    20211230_101432.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • 20211212_144204.jpg
    20211212_144204.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 92