Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?
I searched and searched. I went to You-Tube Tractor College for a few hours a night for like three months.
I got a Kioti DK 4710 SE HST Cab.
Can you share with us what you're reasons were for choosing the Kioti?

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #52  
Can you share with us what you're reasons were for choosing the Kioti?
A silly as this sounds I kept running into people who insisted that "Kioti really is that good."
Yah vague nonspecific but I heard and read it a lot. I liked the 16-GPM hydraulic flow the 38 HP at the PTO the higher reach of the loader than Kubota.
I have also been really impressed at S Korean heavy manufacturing across the board in the last some odd years. They are doing better manufacturing than BMW and Mercedes. Their cars are about as good for less $$.
So, all in all, I like Korea's manufacturing.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #53  
I bought a Kioti CX2510 hst from the Idaho dealer mentioned earlier. I read all the reviews about who makes the best baby tractors. Seems like the consensus was everyone makes a good baby tractor. I do my own maintenance so dealer support isn't a huge concern to me.. I went to work going dealer to dealer sitting on everything that was available. In my mind, the Bota B was only real option. But then I sat on the lil CX and knew! The Kioti fit me perfectly from an ergonomics standpoint. Seat, pedals, loader controls just felt custom fit to me. I started out with the Bota in mind but the Kioti was better to me in every way that mattered. Plus I got a EA Wicked 55 with the cash I saved 😀.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #54  
The CX2510 is really a nicely equipped tractor for the price. I think it will be a popular tractor for Kioti.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #55  
I bought, what I expect will be the last new tractor I will need, back in 2005. That was just the second new tractor purchased on this farm, since my great great great grandad homesteaded it before the Civil war. My grandad replaced his last team of horses with the first one, back in 1950.

That John Deere model M is showing a bit of wear now, but still ran well when my dad last fired it up to plow his garden a few years ago.

When I was tractor shopping, I looked at comparable models from JD, NH, and Kubota in 2005. There was not much difference in price. The JD slightly outspec’d the others in hydraulic flow and lift capacity, so that’s what I went with.

The fact that the JD had an American made engine and was assembled in the USA was an added bonus, especially because I still had some surviving family members who had served in the Pacific theater during WW II.

That JD has served me well these last 16 years, needing only one new battery, new front tires, and a new starter, all simple fixes I could do on my own. A JD dealer is the closest to me, about 4 miles away, but the only time I have needed to visited them is to pick up an oil filter every 100 hours.

So what made my brand better in order of importance was : 1) familiarity and proven performance 2) outspec’d competition at same price point 3) closest dealer 4)American made including power plant.

I don’t think #4 is still an option at the 40-60 hp level, in the post tier 4 days, so I am glad I got my last tractor while the getting was good.

Last edited:
   / Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #56  
It seems a lot of people focus on having a good dealer. I guess how much you focus on that correlates to how much work you do and how often the tractor breaks down. In the 28 years I have had my Ford, buying the muffler and the front axle seals are the only items I went to a dealer for and my tractor hasn't seen the inside of their shop. I know I am fortunate that I also have a good dealer but I have to wonder how important a dealer really is.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #57  
I have been a member of this site for almost 2 years and during that time I have seen the passion that many of you have for your tractor brands. I can often times feel that many of you have to hold back your feelings about the brand of tractor you drive when others make perceived disparaging comments about it. So instead of starting a thread to just answer a question or seek buying advice as so many on here do on a daily basis I thought it would be fun and interesting to create a space for everyone to share their passion and reasons for why their brand of tractor is better to them personally then the others. If it helps, imagine you are the sales person and everyone reading your post is your potential customer that you are trying to persuade to purchase your chosen brand of tractor.
They are mine and all paid for. Very desirable over one sitting on a lot somewhere, regardless of color!

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #58  
JD slightly outspec’d the others in hydraulic flow and lift capacity, so that’s what I went with.

outspec’d competition at same price point
What size JD did you buy? From my research, the specs on JD are worse than the competition when you compare similar models in the 25-50 HP CUT units. When you factor in price they are much worse.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?
What size JD did you buy? From my research, the specs on JD are worse than the competition when you compare similar models in the 25-50 HP CUT units. When you factor in price they are much worse.
Aside from JD having a unique size that no other manufacturer in this industry has I completely agree.

Last edited:
   / Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #60  
I may be in the market for a new tractor sometime in the future. My choices will be a dealer in Wenatchee or Spokane area. Is there more than one Kubota dealer in Spokane?
In Spokane - only one that is listed - Adam's Tractor. They have facilities in Coeur d'Alene and Lewiston also.