Valve stem guard

/ Valve stem guard #11  
I did the same thing to mine.

Attachments

• Tractor Valve Stem Mod.jpg
    Tractor Valve Stem Mod.jpg
    699.3 KB · Views: 219
   / Valve stem guard #13  
Good to have on hand some extra valve stem inserts with ballasted tires. I also use metal hex brass caps with sealing washers. Be sure to wash everything thoroughly the CaCl contacts.

Another forest tire problem I had was bending the front rims if caught on stumps, rock or wood. Nothing beating with sledge and ball peen hammers couldn’t fix. The front ag 8.3x22 6ply didn’t have rim guard rubber like the 12ply rears. Thought about rolling some rod, flat bar or angle and welding on the rims outside diameter just below where the tire bead seals. Ending up selling that tractor and getting a Kubota M59 that uses R4 skidsteer tires on the front that have heavy rubber rim guards. Have not had a bent rim with those handling big logs or brush.

Lots of armor a tractor needs to survive in the bush.

/ Valve stem guard
Lots of armor a tractor needs to survive in the bush
While I was shopping for a new tractor last winter I was considering the blue colored one until I noticed the driveshaft was the lowest thing on the tractor. I like the fact that my Massey has it tucked in where it won't be the point the tractor gets hung up when driving over stumps.

/ Valve stem guard #15  
While I was shopping for a new tractor last winter I was considering the blue colored one until I noticed the driveshaft was the lowest thing on the tractor. I like the fact that my Massey has it tucked in where it won't be the point the tractor gets hung up when driving over stumps.
I love my Massey!
Was the blue one a Ford NewHolland like I had in the old days or the LS like my neighbor has that is falling apart?

/ Valve stem guard
I don't want to step on someone's toes here, but it was a New Holland. I was traveling around the state shopping when one of the salesmen called, (my wife was driving), and asked if I would consider a Massey. Up to that point we had been dealing on a New Holland, (his dealership sells both brands). When comparing, the red ones cost less than the blue ones, and the Massey is built like a tank, rugged and heavy, I'm very happy with my choice.

/ Valve stem guard #17  
Not new Massey by any means, but I love my 2 old Massey 245 tractors with the Perkins Diesel engines.

/ Valve stem guard
Goeduck, what aren't you in love with on your new Massey?
Not new Massey by any means, but I love my 2 old Massey 245 tractors with the Perkins Diesel engines.

My 2605H has a Simpson engine, which I understand is a licensed copy of a Perkins. I only have about 110 hours on the machine, so I don't have a strong opinion of the engine yet, it starts, and runs without an issue, but I expect no less from any engine. It seems easy on fuel, but that's just a "feeling", I have not checked hours vs usage.

/ Valve stem guard #19  
I had to limp out of the woods on 3 wheels twice before I was smart enough to put on some valve stem protection. I didn't want to dismount the tire to weld either so I made a sandwich clamp affair thru one of those moon cut-outs with a piece of pipe welded to it. Those you made should work good for you M convert.

P1170863.JPG

P1170879.JPG

gg

• Good Post
Reactions: A-P
   / Valve stem guard
I had to limp out of the woods on 3 wheels twice before I was smart enough to put on some valve stem protection. I didn't want to dismount the tire to weld either so I made a sandwich clamp affair thru one of those moon cut-outs with a piece of pipe welded to it. Those you made should work good for you M convert.

View attachment 694799

View attachment 694802
gg

View attachment 694799

View attachment 694802
gg
That is awesome! If my valve stems were closer to the center plate I could have done something like you did. What I like about both our designs is that they are completely removable, allowing to return to the original configuration.