Vaping, wow!

/ Vaping, wow! #311  
Seems to be growing. Just watch "Live PD" and see the number of people caught with drugs. Madison Wisconsin's former police chief was publishing a daily blog of "lowlights" of the previous day's calls and the number of cases requiring Narcan was alarming...Madison is not that big so I can't imagine what happens in a bigger city. In the meantime, the number of vaping incidents continue to grow but from what I read/hear it's almost exclusively black market high dose THC cartridges.

To my understanding, one of the side effects of Narcan is that it puts the addict into immediate full withdrawal condition. After being at the brink of death, his next top priority is likely to be getting more heroin. Very sad.

/ Vaping, wow! #312  
To my understanding, one of the side effects of Narcan is that it puts the addict into immediate full withdrawal condition. After being at the brink of death, his next top priority is likely to be getting more heroin. Very sad.

There are some opinions that we are "enabling".

/ Vaping, wow! #313  
Somewhat correct but your wording is not, what happen is they loose the effect of the drug they are on, so once Narcan is administer they loose their buzz, that can make then violent towards the person that just saved them because they stole your buzz. Once the effect of Narcan expire they will go back in a overdose state.

Last edited:
   / Vaping, wow! #314  
Vaping in general is ''safer then cigarette'' but some flavor cause popcorn lungs (scaring of the lungs) which is irreversible and make you loose your ability to absorb oxygen this is more dangerous the cigarette obviously (you see people who have been vaping for 2 years and lost 90% of their lungs capasity)...I believed they crack down on this in the resent years but not 100% sure and there is still a underground market. If you take that out of the equation the next major side effect is it increase water in your lunges making you more susceptible to catch a pneumonia. Vaping weed is more dangerous then vaping nicotine it clods your lungs with oil, lots of people wont admit it to their doctor because it is illegals and blame it on the vaping nicotine.

The big smoke corporations are promoting vaping and targeting a underage audience (especially in Europe) it remind you of the commercials from the 60's and 70's it is mind blowing that young people (underage) all vape despite them never been smokers. A other case of it will help this group but used against a other one.

Last edited:
   / Vaping, wow! #317  
If nicotine doesn't have any negative effects interesting to know the statistics what percentage of smoking ppl live over 80yo vs ones who never smoked.

The fact that one lives longer does not make any stat, just exception.

/ Vaping, wow! #318  
When I was still a cop, we had a medical call of an unresponsive subject at one of our slum motels and this guy had overdosed on heroin. He was transported to the hospital after narcan treatment. He walked out of the emergency room about 1/2 hour later and about another 1/2 hour later we were called about this guy again overdosing. He wound up being combative in the ER and wound up in jail.
I don't agree with wasting resources on people like that. If their mission is to go to sleep forever, I don't have a problem with that.

/ Vaping, wow! #319  
If nicotine doesn't have any negative effects interesting to know the statistics what percentage of smoking ppl live over 80yo vs ones who never smoked.

The fact that one lives longer does not make any stat, just exception.
smoking cigarette and nicotine are not the same you can get nicotine without smoking but you cannot smoke without nicotine ... the biggest side effect of nicotine is it's highly addictive it has other temporally minor side effect but it also has many benefit. I have seen doctor who take nicotine pouch to stimulate their brain.

for the record I don't smoke vape or use nicotine

Last edited:
   / Vaping, wow! #320  
Somewhat correct but your wording is not, what happen is they loose the effect of the drug they are on, so once Narcan is administer they loose their buzz, that can make then violent towards the person that just saved them because they stole your buzz. Once the effect of Narcan expire they will go back in a overdose state.
Oh we reviving old threads are we! Well in regards to your comment, that's a big ole affirmative! I was a paramedic years ago. It's been so long ago now, like the previous century, so don't right remember the dosing. But I can say that whatever the SOP was for IV narcan, we would start way below that for exactly that reason. The goal was to get their respirations and BP up so that they're stable, and then transport...let the ER deal with the rest of it. If you hit them with a full dose, I've seen some people jump right out of an OD coma and start swinging, that totally happens.