Vented non fuel jugs.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #21  
Why are you guys putting diesel in them? They are clearly labeled for non-fuel use! ;)

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #22  
Hi,

As the other guys are saying. Check the plastic type to be sure. It is usally easy to do by looking at the bottom for the number inside the recycling triangle and the letters just below. Typically these will be 2 and HDPE or some variation of it. This indicates that it is chemical resistant High-density Polyethylene and is a bit more durable which is good for fuel jugs. Some of the other plastics may be chemical resistant too but not as durable. I never bothered to investigate it that far after finding a few I liked for diesel without those ridiculuous and almost unusable valve caps.

The reason some #2 jugs are marked "not for fuel" isn't necessarily because the plastic is not compatiable, it's because the jug doesn't have one of those darn caps so the company needed to add a disclaimer.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #23  
They are color coded of course. Red for gas, Blue for water, yellow for diesel etc. Heaven forbid if they made a safety can that would actually work. Those safety cans make it impossible to fuel many vehicles. Safety cans make the insurance companies happy but don't work but they are safe in theory. Everybody subjugates the safety elements so they can use the darn things. I'm sure that that's safe. The insurance companies seem to rule the world we live in.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #24  
They are color coded of course. Red for gas, Blue for water, yellow for diesel etc. Heaven forbid if they made a safety can that would actually work. Those safety cans make it impossible to fuel many vehicles. Safety cans make the insurance companies happy but don't work but they are safe in theory. Everybody subjugates the safety elements so they can use the darn things. I'm sure that that's safe. The insurance companies seem to rule the world we live in.
Blue can also be K-1

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #25  
The vent seems like it isn’t in the proper place. But if it works and the plastic is correct then it is all purpose. I bought 20 plastic cans about 20 years ago all red then, $5.00 each. They have fixed, angled nozzles but no vent. Of course I put vents in them. Since I retired I don’t have my service truck with a pump and a 120 gallon tank. If anyone from EPA or CARB wants to stand up on my ripper holding a slow draining can then they should come and do so. I don’t think any of them could do it 8 times.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #26  
No-Spill cans are more expensive but after buying my first one over 10 years ago I won’t buy anything else. They are very well built and can be stored in any position without leaking. I now own 5 of them.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #27  
No-Spill cans are more expensive but after buying my first one over 10 years ago I won’t buy anything else. They are very well built and can be stored in any position without leaking. I now own 5 of them.
There are many machines that wouldn’t allow that straight short nozzle to work. Also when you are holding the can up high you are holding it by the rear handle and your thumb is not in a position to control it. No Spill is a misnomer, if it lets fuel out at all then it can spill. Not good for all applications. Do you store yours standing straight up?

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #28  
Those little ~1 gallon cans are ok for saws and week whackers but the button is deal breaker when you have a lot of bigger machines to fuel. 2 Zturns (14 and 11 gal tanks) 5 ATV from 1 to 5 gal tanks, 2 tractors (5 and 10 gal) and my unlicensed farm truck with 22 gal tank. Then add the assorted little machines saws, splitter, weed eaters, etc.
I really should invest in some bulk tanks but yet...

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #29  
I always have one or two gallon cans with two stroke fuel. Chainsaws and backpack blower need them. But bigger machines like backhoes, loader and forklift need five gallon cans. These days it is just for use around my property so no need for bulk or vehicle mounted tank.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #30  
There are many machines that wouldn’t allow that straight short nozzle to work. Also when you are holding the can up high you are holding it by the rear handle and your thumb is not in a position to control it. No Spill is a misnomer, if it lets fuel out at all then it can spill. Not good for all applications. Do you store yours standing straight up?
I usually store them upright but have stored on there side a few times and they have never leaked a drop.
The nozzle has worked excellent for everything I own, lawnmowers, chainsaws, ATV, tractors.
I have plenty of cans now but if I ever need more they will most likely be No-Spill