Vertical exhaust conversion.

/ Vertical exhaust conversion. #11  
Hey kuboman did you do anything to insulate the radiator hose? From the pics it looks like its touching the exhaust pipe.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Just noticed that, Id probably install one of these Unicoil sleeves to tweak the hose for some clearance Gates Unicoil Other than that both installs listed were pretty nice

/ Vertical exhaust conversion. #13  
   / Vertical exhaust conversion. #14  
I also added two rubber Isolators when I mounted to my cab, I used the existing hole by the mirror for one. Between the two Isolators on the cab and the flex joint down below it's free floating. Total exhaust mounts only at three spots, bracket on one of the six fell mount bolts at the frame and the two rubber mounts on the cab. Been on there for 5 years without any problems. Mounting along the cab frame the pipe blends in and doesn't impede your view. But if I didn't have a cab I would have done the classic tractor look like koboman or 4 shorts. I would like to someday put a nice chrome heat shield on it, a couple of people thought it was a handle.

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    427 KB · Views: 188
  • mount2.JPG
    mount2.JPG
    513.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8752.JPG
    IMG_8752.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_8756.JPG
    IMG_8756.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
   / Vertical exhaust conversion.
Hey kuboman did you do anything to insulate the radiator hose? From the pics it looks like its touching the exhaust pipe.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
Actually it is over 1/2" away. That is why a mandrel bend pipe is needed. A standard muffler shop bend is not tight enough. I don't anticipate any problem with heat but time will tell.

/ Vertical exhaust conversion.
You did a nice job with the hole in the hood, it looks factory, where did you get the grommet?

4shorts is correct. I used heavy walled vacuum tubing and split it. I just need to paint it to get rid of the yellow line.

/ Vertical exhaust conversion. #17  
4shorts is correct. I used heavy walled vacuum tubing and split it. I just need to paint it to get rid of the yellow line.

No, don't paint it. just get some brake clean and rub off the yellow line, it will have a nice clean black grommet look, it will match the trim on the rest of the tractor and look factory.:thumbsup:

/ Vertical exhaust conversion. #19  
With the upright through the tractor hood, how do you do your routine oil lever and fluid check? Do you have to disassemble the exhaust stack to open the hood?

/ Vertical exhaust conversion. #20  
With the upright through the tractor hood, how do you do your routine oil lever and fluid check? Do you have to disassemble the exhaust stack to open the hood?

I think he said the vertical section is only a slip on. All you have to do is pull the vert section off then the hood should open normally.