viewport came out

/ viewport came out #1  

BrianTN

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I have a LK3054. I hadn't used it for several weeks when I found the viewport from the front axle laying on the ground by the tractor. It appears to have come out while the tractor was sitting still.
my questions: what holds them in? Why would it pop out? It just pushed back do I need to replace it or will it go another 700 hrs as is. Would over filled do that?

I am really mechanically ignorant so 'splained it carefully. Thanks.

Brian

/ viewport came out #2  
Maybe someone with an LK will chime in, but I'll say if its part # T4240-14212 it appears to just be a rubber push in with a sight glass face. The parts diagram I'm looking at over at Nolts Power Equipment, as well as MIE show its either part# T4680-14211 or T4240-14212

that second part number brings up this picture in google
sight Glass.jpg

If this is the right part, looks like it has a bit of a taper, and is made of rubber, once you pop it in, that lip should keep it in and sealed. If its old and the rubber is hard, it may not stay in well anymore. If it still goes in firm, and feels mounted, but still comes out randomly, make sure your front axle vent is clear, so you know the axle case is not pressurizing while its warming up during use, thats bad for a number of things.

/ viewport came out #3  
Permatex makes a sealant called "The Right Stuff" (you can get it online and at NAPA) that stays flexible for years and seems to be immune to oils. Have used it to glue in sight glasses in before as well as sealing equipment housings. Wear gloves because it takes a long time to wear off of your skin.

/ viewport came out
Thank you most kindly. The port does just push back but so easily I will get The Right Stuff and secure it. By the way I love my LK 3054 but sure could use some more boot room. Brian