Price Check Vintage Towable Road Grader

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #1  

jwms123

Tractor
John Deer
Looking for a source for information about vintage a towable road graders........This grader has two rear rubber tires...It's very heavy with heave duty metal....It was given to us by a local road dept.....They used it for many years....It's at least from the 1950"s.....everything works....used it last year to maintain roads at our hunting cabin.....I do not know if it has a mfg. name plate or not....Where would the plate be located.....After info is received, and a fair price is in place...It will be sold....We are in Penna. within 20 miles of 18704..... Thanks for info in advance...

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #2  
PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES

I am jealous! Always wanted me one of these!

Only question I have is:

Can I tow that home with my 3/4 ton GMC?

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #3  
Pictures would help.

Sounds to me like a Cat grader that was originaly designd to be pulled with a dozer.

It is probably worth about $1000 but pictures would help us put a better price on it.

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #4  
One manufacturer of towable road graders was Adams.

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #5  
We have one.

Bought it 15 years ago. We paid $500. It came with steel wheels which we had converted to rubber tires.

We maintain a 1 mile long private cottage road that has 70 cabins. We "do the road" twice per year. Over the years it has been pulled with a Case 2 WD tractor/loader/backhoe and on occasion a Ford 9N.

Does a great job.

We too are selling ours this year and we've been kicking around $2500 as a price.

Attachments

• WM Cover.jpg
    WM Cover.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
   / Vintage Towable Road Grader #6  
A guy at the end of my road has one. It has car tires ( maybe a retrofit) and he pulls it with a L3750. There is another person who stands on the grader and operates the blade angle and cut. He maintainers about 3000 feet of road before we move here. Now I do if with a skidsteer or the land plane behind my L3700. The skid is faster than all the other options but the LP does the best job

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #7  
In the early fifties I worked for a large nursery while in school. We would use one behind a Farmall M. Did a great job on all the roads we had to maintain. We learned quickly who ever was riding the grader was going to get very dusty, if you did not scrape shortly after a rain.

If memory serves the one we used the wheels could be leaned over by turning wheels to make cleaning side ditches a breeze.

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #8  
There are several around here. Some large, some small. Here's some pics of a restored one that our County owns. It's the biggest I've saw.

Attachments

• DSC02417.JPG
    DSC02417.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 811
  • DSC02411.JPG
    DSC02411.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC02412.JPG
    DSC02412.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 779
  • DSC02413.JPG
    DSC02413.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 696
  • DSC02414.JPG
    DSC02414.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 1,402
  • DSC02415.JPG
    DSC02415.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC02416.JPG
    DSC02416.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 318
   / Vintage Towable Road Grader #9  
Oh forgot to mention, since all you are looking for is a value, might try posting a thread on this website. Heavy Equipment Forums

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader
There are several around here. Some large, some small. Here's some pics of a restored one that our County owns. It's the biggest I've saw.

Thank you Richard, could you tell me where I should be looking for the Mfg. Plate.....I will take it this weekend and post them... That my help....Thanks for the information