Price Check Vintage Towable Road Grader

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader
Thanks for your interest....Questions....Do you think it's a fair price???? would you know the Mfg. name....original color yellow......I really don't know what you mean "covert to hyd, and put a semi trailer under it?????

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #22  
Okay, I'll speak up. I think it's grossly overpriced. I'm thinking $600 if you can find a brand and model # so you could find someone that collects them. Otherwise, it's probably closer to $400.

He was talking about converting the lift mechanism to hydraulic so someone doesn't have to ride on it.

He was also talking about swapping out the axle and putting a dual wheeled semit trailer axle under it.

That's why it's not worth much. It's just not something that's very productive in today's standard. And it's not a popular brand/model or someone would have recognized it already.

I'll stick with my earlier advice, go to www.heavyequipment forums.com and start a thread. Might get lucky and find someone looking for that exact model. :)

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #23  
Okay, I'll speak up. I think it's grossly overpriced. I'm thinking $600 if you can find a brand and model # so you could find someone that collects them. Otherwise, it's probably closer to $400.

He was talking about converting the lift mechanism to hydraulic so someone doesn't have to ride on it.

He was also talking about swapping out the axle and putting a dual wheeled semit trailer axle under it.

That's why it's not worth much. It's just not something that's very productive in today's standard. And it's not a popular brand/model or someone would have recognized it already.

I'll stick with my earlier advice, go to www.heavyequipment forums.com and start a thread. Might get lucky and find someone looking for that exact model. :)

Not being a bucket of ice water, but I think the poster is overly optimistic in pricing the unit for $2,500. I think your price of $400.00 far exceeds the $25.00 I would give. I make that offer not knowing the per pound price of scrap iron.

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #24  
Not being a bucket of ice water, but I think the poster is overly optimistic in pricing the unit for $2,500. I think your price of $400.00 far exceeds the $25.00 I would give. I make that offer not knowing the per pound price of scrap iron.

I based my $400 on scrap iron price x3. I bought a 12' wheeled tandem disc in working order last Fall for $128 from the local scrap guy.

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #25  
Thanks for your interest....Questions....Do you think it's a fair price???? would you know the Mfg. name....original color yellow......I really don't know what you mean "covert to hyd, and put a semi trailer under it?????

Convert all the adjustments to hyd cylinders and put a stronger trailer axle with bigger wheels so you can weight it down and it wont "bounce" . $500-750 to the right guy , Id give $300

Last edited:
   / Vintage Towable Road Grader #26  
Convert all the adjustments to hyd cylinders and put a stronger trailer axle with bigger wheels so you can weight it down and it wont "bounce" . $500-750 to the right guy , Id give $300

I'm out, I'll let you have it for $300. :D

Gentlemen, I really appreciate your honest opinions...Not knowing for sure but I take it you all sell new equipment and are collectors of vintage equipment....I truly believe There is someone or a hunting camp that could use this old but working road grader....I really did not think myself it would bring the first price I stated....I listed it on our local Craigslist and so far received two requests from hunting camps for appointments to look at it.....One must realize for security reasons most camps do not want to leave expensive equipment at camp. IF WE GET 1/2 THE PRICE I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS A GRADER TO WORK HEIR ROADS.....AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK.....IT WAS A BIG HELP.......JWMS123

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #28  
Gentlemen, I really appreciate your honest opinions...Not knowing for sure but I take it you all sell new equipment and are collectors of vintage equipment....I truly believe There is someone or a hunting camp that could use this old but working road grader....I really did not think myself it would bring the first price I stated....I listed it on our local Craigslist and so far received two requests from hunting camps for appointments to look at it.....One must realize for security reasons most camps do not want to leave expensive equipment at camp. IF WE GET 1/2 THE PRICE I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS A GRADER TO WORK HEIR ROADS.....AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK.....IT WAS A BIG HELP.......JWMS123
Good for you. Nothing wrong with selling it for more than what someone "in the industry" would pay for it as long as both the buyer and seller are happy with the price...

Aaron Z

/ Vintage Towable Road Grader #29  
Not that I'm buying, but I wonder what that grader, IF BRAND SPANKING NEW, would sell for in today's money?

First of all, I don't think they would make something like this today.....Have said that it's hard to answer your question...I realize the age, but I also know what it can do, and did on our property.....It takes a little more time but it opened the ditches and crowned our get road for years.....It also helped us improve are deer plots......In our area you can't rent a grader without an operator....That's if you can rent one at all.....We are not trying to sell this to a Township Road Dept......Were looking to sell it to a person that can't afford new equipment....Buy the way the price we are asking is not written in stone....Jwms123