VW

/ VW #1  

Dennis Mohn

Bronze Member
Tractor
Steiner 430 max, cub cadet 48in. self propelled walk behind
I sure do wish VW would bring their pickup truck to the United States.

/ VW #2  
What’s so special about it?
What does it do that the others don’t?

/ VW #3  
I'm sure the cost of Dieselgate put a dent in the new model coffers at VW for a while. They are also coming late to the game as the new Colorado is due and the Ranger may get a minor revamp.

/ VW #4  
The new Amarok will be a re-badged Ford Ranger.
I’m guessing it’s the four or six cylinder diesels that appeals to you…

/ VW #6  
I saw a test report in a magazine on one years ago, yes it was quite impressive! It was abused/used rough on a farm/ranch in Argentina, Brazil or somewhere like that and it was very reliable and virtually trouble free. It also was getting about 32 mpg IIRC. I thought the same then, wish it was available here in the U.S.
I don't think it met the US Emissions standards and they had no intention to do so because they said it would increase the cost too much and the US buyer wouldn't pay the extra cost.

Last edited:
   / VW #8  

It is mentioned in this article, I apparently still have long term memory. 😀

/ VW #9  
As I recall, that VW truck was imported for just a couple of years and was marginally called a truck, by its users.. We have the new ford Ranger verion and its a truck. With 25K of miles on it today, we love it.

/ VW #10  
The VW "Rabbit" Volkswagen (VW) Truck For Sale was the type of pickup which many at TBN scoff at because it won't haul 2 cords of firewood while towing a trailer with a bulldozer.
It was a sporty little vehicle which could pull in up to 50 MPG, and get you to the dump in a hurry. They also were tough as nails, a neighbor had one for years and beat the snot out of it.

'