Waiting patiently for its new home

/ Waiting patiently for its new home
her and my daughter came home with a JD gator last Sun.

I don't think many guys can say their wife came home with a JD gator. I guess that's one way to get a garage.

If you're lucky, it'll stop there and you'll be even. I wasn't so lucky. Now that I got my tractor and a garage to put it in, my wife wants a swimming pool.

It never ends.

/ Waiting patiently for its new home #12  
she said it was a steal
and it really was (08 JD tx with power dump and 330 hrs. for $2500)
my tractor is in the barn but I have too many other things that just need to be under roof
my barn is 28x40 with 14' eaves and is slightly on a hill
I want to go the whole 40' and I think I can go out 18' and still have a 8' eave
then I can move all my stuff over there and she can have the main barn for the horses and hay and such

/ Waiting patiently for its new home #13  
I know this doesn't come close to the guy who's building the new house in the woods in 90 days, but it's my own smaller version.

Can't wait til it's done. I need a place for my stuff.

View attachment 319090

Hey, I have a house in the woods, I need what your building:). Nice looking building.

I am still trying to decide on block and stick like yours or pole building. I would like to build it myself but will most likely need to hire it out.

/ Waiting patiently for its new home #14  
DSC_0052.jpgDSC_0056.jpg
I know this doesn't come close to the guy who's building the new house in the woods in 90 days, but it's my own smaller version.

Can't wait til it's done. I need a place for my stuff.

View attachment 319090

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat....

Attachments

• IMAG0948.jpg
    IMAG0948.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0950.jpg
    IMAG0950.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
   / Waiting patiently for its new home #15  
I've decided that I can put up an RV shelter (metal frame with metal roofing) and move the travel trailer out of the shop and have it sheltered that way cheaper and better than building another building that is taxable and collects more stuff... then I will have room in the shop to actually work on stuff instead of just storing stuff...

Hey, I have a house in the woods, I need what your building:). Nice looking building.

I am still trying to decide on block and stick like yours or pole building. I would like to build it myself but will most likely need to hire it out.

Thanks. I went back and forth on the design features before deciding on what we built. I considered a hip roof and 20 x 20 but ended up with the roof to match the house and growing it to 24 x 24. It has 24" overhangs and there will be no gutters (I'm already on my house roof twice a month blowing out the pine needles and I want to stay off this roof). It's been built up quite a bit above the original ground level (9 courses in the back and 6 in the front) and it's all sand among the pines so drainage won't be an issue. I'm also grading the area all around it to shed as much water as possible.

I went with the block foundation because there was a pretty good grade change in that area. You can't really see it in the picture but it was there. They had to step the footings to account for that and we filled it in with two 10-wheeled dump trucks full of stone where there was no original earth. My father has a 30 x 40 pole barn and it's beautiful. It's also packed with his stuff. I guess it runs in the family.

I too would have liked to build it myself but like Clint Eastwood said, a man's got to know his own limitations.

Good luck with your building.

she said it was a steal
and it really was (08 JD tx with power dump and 330 hrs. for $2500)
my tractor is in the barn but I have too many other things that just need to be under roof
my barn is 28x40 with 14' eaves and is slightly on a hill
I want to go the whole 40' and I think I can go out 18' and still have a 8' eave
then I can move all my stuff over there and she can have the main barn for the horses and hay and such

Sounds like a handy machine to have around. We considered getting one of those instead of the tractor but I just had to have my PTO chipper and FEL. I think she just wanted something to drive around in the woods. She won't touch the tractor for some reason.

Your building could eat mine for lunch.

View attachment 320233View attachment 320234

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat....

Very nice building and a familiar setting. Is that bay on the left going to be like an open carport type of space? I thought about doing something similar but was limited by my property line and the scale of the project. My wife and I agreed to keep it relatively small so it didn't look out of place so close to the house (It's only about 60 feet away). I also like the metal roof. My pine needles wouldn't have a chance.

I've decided that I can put up an RV shelter (metal frame with metal roofing) and move the travel trailer out of the shop and have it sheltered that way cheaper and better than building another building that is taxable and collects more stuff... then I will have room in the shop to actually work on stuff instead of just storing stuff...

Sounds like a wise solution. I'm not looking forward to the new tax assessment. Something tells me it's not going to go down.

/ Waiting patiently for its new home #20  
Yes the space to the left will be only closed at the back. I will store my firewood and trailer there.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126