Wal-Mart meat!

/ Wal-Mart meat! #51  
My wife don't even price meat at WM because she says it is always to expensive. She goes to Aldis for almost everything because even the generic stuff has been taste tested by me and it passes muster. But, most of the meat she gets at Sav-a-lot because the meat seems good, the store is near here and is cheaper than WM.

I just go to WalMart for the free cookies :licking: and looking at all the hot babes :D.

Actually, our Walmart is in a small town, so instead of having 6 rows a certain item, they may only have 2 just to cut inventory, which works. At least we have a WalMart close and it works for most stuff.

/ Wal-Mart meat! #52  
HI Gary . Are you mentioning Malvern Brookshire's Stores.
If so it is now a Tractor Supply Store.

We also purchase meat from Wal-Mart Stores. there is several smaller type markets but seldom visit.
Never have a problem with the meat .
But then usually pick out a calf fattened on grain and take to the slaughter house for preparation . Guarantied to be fresh. and cut to our requests.

Have you had a good year ? Lawn mower stays warm from last cutting of the grass.
ken

/ Wal-Mart meat! #53  
The competition in the grocery business is just incredible to me. Denton, TX, has two Walmart Super Centers, one Walmart Neighborhood Market, three big Kroger's stores, one big Target, a huge WinnCo, one Aldi with another huge one under construction, one Albertson's, and one Brookshire's along with the smaller "convenience" stores. And I probably left some out.

When Aldi first opened in our neighborhood, they didn't take credit cards, but that soon changed. WinnCo still doesn't take credit cards.

I'm old enough to remember when 7-11 stores meant it; open at 7 a.m., close at 11 p.m. And after 11 p.m. there was only one grocery store open in the whole city of DALLAS and only one drug store. How things have changed.

/ Wal-Mart meat! #54  
I just go to WalMart for the free cookies :licking: and looking at all the hot babes :D.

I've noticed that Walmart shoppers are much more stylish than Dollar Palace shoppers.;)

Dollar_8d9a75_385391.jpg

Steve

/ Wal-Mart meat! #55  
Never seen a Dollar Palace. I'd guess it must be similar to our Dollar Tree stores. My wife likes to buy greeting cards at the Dollar Tree. We also have Dollar General stores and have only rarely been in one of those..

/ Wal-Mart meat! #56  
Maybe the gov't should step in and close all the Walmart, Costco, Sam's club, Kroger, Meijer, type stores.

But why stop there, they should close all big box national stores. Menards, home Depot, Lowe's, tractor supply, dollar generals, etc etc.

That way all we are left with is small mom and pop stores and we can all pay more for everything:thumbsup:

If that happened my cars would lost with nowhere to go...
I tell my wife every time she passes a WalMart the darn car turns in...

/ Wal-Mart meat! #57  
I don't buy it very often, but I sure do like Purnell's Old Folks Sausage and Brookshire's is the only place in this area that you can get it in the "smoked" variety, which is what the Cracker Barrel restaurants serve.
Thanks for the tip. I am always looking for a good tasting sausage. I like the "Taste of Texas" smoked sausage from HEB. I pick up some every time we go to Texas. Sure wish they had HEB in Arkansas.

/ Wal-Mart meat!
I didn't know that dollar General sells meat.

/ Wal-Mart meat! #59  
Meat is about the only thing we don't buy at Walmart. The prices are much better at local groceries in our area. Last weekend we had the local butcher cut us 20 1" thick t-bones for $6.49/lb. and trust me, they are delicious. This morning a friend of mine is heading over to a meat sale in Cayuga IN. They have whole ribeye for $4.99/lb. and new york strip for $3.99/lb. !!

Kevin
Man, I would stock my new freezer full of NY Strip for that price. Even on sale here I think I saw some at Brookshires for $7.99 (limit of 2 packages). Usually it is $10.98(WM) -12.98 per pound depending on where you shop. There is a local meat market that sells great steaks but they run $14-18 per pound and all are cut 1-1.5" thick which is way too much meat for me and way too many dollars for me to pay for a steak. For that kind of money I will let a restaurant cook it for me.

/ Wal-Mart meat! #60  
Never seen a Dollar Palace. I'd guess it must be similar to our Dollar Tree stores. My wife likes to buy greeting cards at the Dollar Tree. We also have Dollar General stores and have only rarely been in one of those..

I haven't either. Dollar General stores are most common in my area, followed by Family Dollar. I do see a few Dollar Tree stores in SC.

Steve