Walmart on line comedy of errors!

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #21  
Guess I got lucky , walked in to the auto center since the lay away desk was deserted.

I handed the tire associate the order number, he asked my name and came out of the storage area with the tires .

Said have a good one . I asked if I needed a receipt[ he said no .
Already mounted up the tires now both tubeless and checked for leaks- all good.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors!
So what do you do with a set of tires that don't fit anything?

I try to avoid Amazon, but when so many manufacturer's site send you there it's tough sometimes. Meanwhile the hardware store I've patronised for years is trying to get me to "order online for convenience." What they don't seem to understand is that if I'm going to order online it's going to be shipped to my house; rather than drive 50 miles to their store.
"So what do you do with a set of tires that don't fit anything?"
Easy...put them with all the other 20 tractor trailer loads of crap I have stored away. When I die I want it to be a real tragedy for someone!

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #23  
"So what do you do with a set of tires that don't fit anything?"
Easy...put them with all the other 20 tractor trailer loads of crap I have stored away. When I die I want it to be a real tragedy for someone!
Bwa, Ha,hA!!! :cool::D You never know, old tires might be worth something someday. The latest shortage is rubber, maybe they will finally find an economical way to reuse them.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #24  
My local hardware store wants me to order from what they have in stock, then drive 50 miles to pick it up.

Sorry, per your original comment, it made no sense to me why if you ordered something online from a place 50 miles away they wouldn't expect to ship it to your location (or at least have the option to ship or "pick up" on their website). I guess the assumption is if you order it online, you want it delivered LOL

Generally the way it works with me is I call my gun shops or local hardware store on the phone, ask them if they have what I'm looking for (they actually know what I'm looking for), and if they do, I tell them to hold in and let them know when I'll be in for it.

As mentioned, will look online at the box stores if I can't find it locally, but then I just check inventory and drive in. Luckily everything is within 20-40 miles from me and I drive a lot for work.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #25  
I've almost given up on online anything. The lowe's site is always wrong and a cluster, Amazon still owes me $200 and i don't have the energy or time to fight them anymore. Walmart both online and retail is a cluster. E bay seems better but, i'm so sick of returning stuff i've pretty much given up.

For grins i tracked my last 10 on line orders, from various retailers. 5 were wrong. Either wrong item, not correct amount or damaged.

I bought a new Stanley Fat Max tape rule. It was broken when it arrived. I just threw it away, i can't take the time and frustration required to return 1/2 of what buy.

This is when i hear about everyone else not having any problems.

Good for you.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #26  
I ordered a set of 6Ah batteries for my Dewalt last year; it wasn't until the preliminary invoice showed up on my Paypal that I realised it was a Chinese company. That was the last that I ever heard from them... no shipping confirmation or tracking number, or anything; the batteries just showed up on my doorstep one day. They also never followed through with PayPal and collected their money, and by the time I recieved them the intial "hold" with PP expired so I had no way of contacting them.
The batteries work just fine though.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #27  
Sorry, per your original comment, it made no sense to me why if you ordered something online from a place 50 miles away they wouldn't expect to ship it to your location (or at least have the option to ship or "pick up" on their website). I guess the assumption is if you order it online, you want it delivered LOL

Generally the way it works with me is I call my gun shops or local hardware store on the phone, ask them if they have what I'm looking for (they actually know what I'm looking for), and if they do, I tell them to hold in and let them know when I'll be in for it.

As mentioned, will look online at the box stores if I can't find it locally, but then I just check inventory and drive in. Luckily everything is within 20-40 miles from me and I drive a lot for work.
That was my viewpoint, also. I've even pointed it out when they ask me for feedback on their "rewards" program.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #28  
I usually have very good luck with online orders. There are some hiccups now and then. Yesterday I received an email saying Wal Mart had delivered my order. Nope. Today it's still not here. I went to help on their web site and it says if they say they delivered your order and you have not received it, to give them 2 more days, not counting Sundays.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #29  
Whenever I buy online I always use Papal as first choice with a CC that I use only for that purpose.
That gives me 2 levels of protection, PP and then CC.
So far so good!
One caution needed is often they show the product at very attractive price as well as spare parts.
When U carefully read details you often find the low price applies only to that small spare part.
Kind of a 'bait and switch' tactic.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #30  
I went online to try to find a gas cap locally. Selected “local store”. Showed about 6 models. Store had zero. Clerk verified they have zero. Online even listed aisle/bay. But no gas cap.

Ordered an item, says “return to store”. It was broken. I used the online “start a return” and it only gives options for mail or fedex, return to store is grayed out. But I tried anyway and took it in - returns desk had no problems accepting it and I got credit 2 days later.

Seems like it should be easier to match reality with internet data….