Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845
Duane we got a total of 10 inches - and the traction is great
no problem - I thought I would have to put chains on it
But I had no problem - It just took a little while because there was so much - but you can really pile it high with the lift height on the blade

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845 #62  
i think i will loose my chairmanship soon guys .... here i thought Charlie would take over .... congratulation edambrose .... YOU HAVE Been NOMINATED ... you will receive your wings at the national PT rally next year.

good luck with your future stunts.

if a metalshop can bend the plate back cold you will loose less strength in your snowblade.

"good luck with future stunts"

OH - just pull up a chair - my wife is very surprised I am still alive - after all my previous accidents

One time I had this Cub Cadet and I wanted to see if it would climb this really steep hill (i have since built stone walls to terrace it down since it was too steep)
So I got up full speed and made it right to the crest of the top before breaking traction

My brother who was watching said that at that point I had a very distressed look on my face - well it took off down the hill backwards and then rolled over almost on top of me - luckily I was still nimble enough to dive off out of the way as she rolled and escaped will only minor injuries

So my brother asked me what the hxxx I was doing and we all know the answer to that one - finding out if it would climb the hill

Had a tough decision between 422 (a great buy) and 1430. But the 422 is a bit small for my needs. So after visiting the factory last Tues (12/3/02) which was my 2nd visit (was there in April) what did I settle on ???? an 1845. I'm expecting it to arrive Wed (12/11) or Thurs.

Did a great deal of research and settled on 1845 over 1430 for several reasons. 1) Its size is not that much bigger than the 1430. Although the track width of the 1845 vs the 1430 is 6 inches wider (58" vs 52") with the same tires 26x12x12, 5 foot implements still keep your foot print (at least when going straight) inside the use of the implement. 2) the 1845 is a much heavier machine and that I view as a big advantage. With floatation tires (26x12x12) ground pressure is not significantly greater for my purposes. 3) Playing with both machines last Tues I found the 1845 a much "smoother" machine. I also found the 3 cylinder 1845 somewhat quieter (it's still noisy). 4) The 15 gpm of the 1845 vs the 12gpm of the 1430 allows more skidsteer type implement use. Especially when renting implements. 5) with 50% more hp, I trust I won't have to give up as much speed for needed implement torque like mowing wet grass or throwimg wet snow (two jobs that require lots of hp/torque and 2 jobs I do a lot of-- of course, like most, I mostly play instead of work). 6) with one or two exceptions that I know of (and I disagree with the PT engineers on one) the 1845 will run all the 1430 attachments.

There are several other items/issues that I believe favor the 1845 vs 1430 but they are not that significant. $4000 cheaper and a bit smaller are the advantages of the 1430.

Hope my thoughts are a help in your decision making.

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845 #65  
Rasras,

Congratulations. Looks like Southern New England is getting all the snow. Give us feed back on using your machine. Of course pictures are always great as well as any technical information that you discover as you spend nights out just looking at it.

Duane

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845 #66  
congratulation ... you bought my dream machine ... but not too good for our tight landscapes we maintain here in the hilly bucks county of pa. i continuously drag around a 36" and a 48" walkbehind exmark to get my properties done.

someday i will have all the sides of the road on I95 from here to New England under mowing contract .... wishful thinking. Then i am going to have a fleet of these fantastic machines ... i got to drive and operate Charlies ...what a beauty.

good luck

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845 #67  
Deja Vu all over again!!
Rasras: I went through exactly the same process, and have not regretted it (except I still need a lawnmower.)
Welcome to the small 1845 sub group of the forum.
What attachments did you get?
There's a lot in the archives about Sedgewood and my mowing experiments, blade development, and overheating with the 72" rough cut. What problems we've had are identified and controlled if not solved, and most of our experience has been great. Flexibility and capability are awesome.
You mentioned wet grass cutting. One of the best results I got with factory blades on the rough-cut deck was while mowing a heavy-growth pasture in the rain. No power problems, and since no chaff, it didn't heat at all either. I don't have the snow blower, but I'd bet you have plenty of reserve power.
Keep us posted.

Congrats - I bet it is a wonderful machine - I can't wait to here more of your experience -

When you tested - both did you tyr it on hills - also
I think the turning radius for both the 1845 and 1430 are near the same - did you notice much difference in being able to move around / turn around

I am struggling with the same choice - i really like the size of the 1430 but the extra power / weight of the 1845 would be handy - I guess i am going to have to go down there again

/ Want to move from 425 to 1430 or 1845 #69  
Congratulations on your new purchase. All the PT lovers out there will be anxious to hear from you and see pictures. You can tell we love pictures /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Are you having it delivered? What attachments are you going with for now?
PJ

Thank you all

I'll do my best to keep you all posted as I gain on the PT ownership learning curve. I also hope to be able to post pictures. I have arriving the following PT implements along with the 1845: 72" rake, 54" 4 in 1 bucket, 84" snow blade w/ rubber lip kit, 60" 18 cf bucket (to which I will adapt an ATI grapple). I have a snow blower and mower that I'm going to adapt before considering those PT implements. I also ordered both bar and turf tires. Expect to add several implements in sping. Will keep the forum posted

thanks

Richard