Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #21  
Oops! Bringing fuel never crossed my mind until now...

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #22  
Oops! Bringing fuel never crossed my mind until now...
Yeah, when I ordered it PT specifically said to bring fuel, as they were not allowed to put any more in it than just the bare minimum to get it onto the truck. Something about flammable materials, as I recall.

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition
What a saga! Fingers crossed here for the safe arrival of your tractor.

Mine almost didn't arrive for different reasons; at delivery, it turned out that the freight terminal where it was due to arrive at could only take 40' semis. My 1445 ended up being shipped on a standard 64' flat bed. The guys at the terminal took pity on me and arranged for the semi to use the parking lot across the street for unloading, drove their forklift (with extended forks) over to get the PT off the semi, unloaded it (it was within 15-20lbs of the forklift's weight limit). I then got to put on my new PT forks and unload everything else on to my pickup and trailer, before loading the new PT up the ramps onto my borrowed trailer with 0.12 hours of seat time. Trial by fire as they say. In the end, no issues, but I will admit to some anxiety about whether the whole delivery was going down the tubes or not.

The next day, I dropped a couple case of beer for the team at the freight terminal. 🙏🙏🍻🍻

All the best,

Peter
“God made beer because he loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Benjamin Franklin never said this—about beer, at least. In a circa-1779 letter to the Abbé Morellet, Franklin muses on biblical mentions of wine and remarks, “Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.”

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #24  
Wow, what an ordeal! Glad you got your PT in the end though.

I brought gas when i picked mine up too. Checked for oil in the motor, put gas in the tank and moved everything onto the back of a HomeDepot truck. Nested and chained/strapped everything in. On the drive back home, people kept getting close and checking out the weird looking tractor :)

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #25  
I thought the 1430 had been discontinued.

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #26  
I thought the 1430 had been discontinued.
Just as a diesel; it is now a 30HP gasoline powered tractor.

I believe that the issue is that Deutz doesn't make an air cooled diesel that meets the current emissions requirements (Tier 4 emissions?). They now have a liquid cooled engine that uses DEF and a high pressure common rail design.

My assumption is that PT is waiting to see how the engines shake out and whether to use Deutz in the future or another brand.

All the best,

Peter

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #27  
Ok. Thanks. I guess I figured they would change the name to a 430, since it is gasoline. I could see why they kept 1430 since the attachments from the Diesel version work on the gasoline version.

/ Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition
And So...

The 1430 showed up Friday the 29th, all in good shape.

The Gal who was in the wreck of the original delivery of the 425...
...and also delivered the 1430, said that an EMT had T-Boned their trailer "doin' about 90" and pretty much demolished the trailer, knocked the PT and implements all over the road, demolished the trailer, and seriously bent the frame on their F-350 tow truck. Nobody was killed but she got leg injuries. The Stater told her that "a couple more feet thataway" would have been much, much worse. Their truck and trailer had to be replaced. She was cool and nice.

The 1430 is perfect size, the 425 would have been too small. The Lord has his ways, apparently the 425 was not to be.

Unloaded that 1430 and started to tinker around the yard. Moved some big piles of stuff right away. Cranked up the snow blower just to check it out.

Gotta say that the 1430 is awesome, and at this point I'd be bummed with just a "tractor and a bucket" instead.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE, much appreciated! More to come on new posts (the culvert issue! :)).

Last edited:
   / Wanted - PT-425 or PT-1430 in good condition #29  
CONGRATULATIONS!!🎉🥳

All the best, Peter