warm up

/ warm up #1  

Logan979

Tractor
Kubota
how important is it to let a K 3901 or B 7800 to warm up ?

/ warm up #2  
Just start and use. Do this with the tractor, pickup, cars all my 63 years of driving except for maybe a couple years of stupidity where I'd let them sit and warm up first.

/ warm up #6  
Read the owners manual. It gives a chart of how long to idle before stressing the machine.

From working for companies that I've used very expensive excavators and loaders, the supervisors expect us to warm up the machine prior to use. Some machines won't let you move them or move them very quickly because of the safeties.

/ warm up #7  
I let my tractor run for about 30 seconds then I easy the throttle up and begin to move the tractor. I don’t do any real work or run the RPMs up for a couple of minutes.

/ warm up #8  
Cold weather good 15 mins,warm weather about 5 mins,if you have front loader put it though motions before moving tractor.

/ warm up #9  
I let mine “idle” (add a bit of throttle to 1100) in the cold weather until I see the temp gauge begins to climb, then I just take it easy for a few minted before getting to the work. I’m going to be adding a heater to it at some point, I think it’ll be good for the longevity of the machine (and I get my power for free via solar).

In the warm weather I just listen to the engine, you can hear when it’s warmed and stabilized, then I do the same “start easy before getting to the work” thing.

/ warm up #10  
The below is straight from my Kubota's owner's manual:
Kubota engine warmup.jpg