Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #221  
I want to report to everyone that is following this thread that I called some dealers on Tractor House yesterday and what I am finding is the "Call for Price" means they are asking MSRP. If they don't give you their price on the website then they're price gouging.

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly -- are you saying that asking MSRP is price gouging?

I'd prefer to pay less than MSRP for sure, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say that's gouging. Regardless, helpful to know how to interpret the "call for price" ads.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #222  
Not sure as I have never asked them but it is a sizable amount. I have 150 acres if that tells you anything.
So you live in a rural community with no dealerships?

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #226  
Down here in my neck of the woods it's mostly Deere and Kubota.
Its mostly Deere & Kubota everywhere.

Look at other brands. Nothing against Deere or Kubota. I am completely non-brand loyal. Buy the brand that suits your needs for the task at the time that meets a reasonable level of quality & price.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
Its mostly Deere & Kubota everywhere.

Look at other brands. Nothing against Deere or Kubota. I am completely non-brand loyal. Buy the brand that suits your needs for the task at the time that meets a reasonable level of quality & price.
I am. I was just trying to answer ovrszd's question.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #228  
   / Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #229  
In my opinion yes. When was the last time you paid MSRP for anything?

Quite a bit recently, unfortunately.

Trucks, UTVs, chainsaws, tractors, etc. If you can get any kind of discount off MSRP it's a good day. I've been lucky to be able to get program discounts for some items (USAA discount, NHCA discount), but given the low supply and high relative demand my experience is it's largely a seller's market.

I've had to buy a lot in the past year. I've done my best to find deals when I can, but my experience has been that availability trumps any discount from MSRP.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
Quite a bit recently, unfortunately.

Trucks, UTVs, chainsaws, tractors, etc. If you can get any kind of discount off MSRP it's a good day. I've been lucky to be able to get program discounts for some items (USAA discount, NHCA discount), but given the low supply and high relative demand my experience is it's largely a seller's market.

I've had to buy a lot in the past year. I've done my best to find deals when I can, but my experience has been that availability trumps any discount from MSRP.
Ok, thank you for your honesty.