Warranty work

/ Warranty work #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I took my 3215 4WD to the dealer on 05/30/08 for some warranty work. The connectors to the fel were leaking hydraulic fluid. I assumed it would be a quick fix, but not hearing from them for a week I called them on 06/05 and they explained they were waiting on the hydraulic hoses from Mahindra. They thought they would be arriving via UPS on 06/06. Well, I was busy until 06/10 and after not hearing anything I stopped by the dealer that afternoon. I saw my tractor parked in the back lot and was hoping it was all completed and ready to go. Not. :( Service personnel advised they were still waiting on the hoses from Mahindra. They said they ordered them on 06/02. They asked me to call back on 06/11 around 3 pm. That is what I did and still no hoses. They said they called Mahindra and for what ever reason the parts were still not shipped. Dealer said they should have them by 06/13. Of course I was a little ticked since I need to get my property mowed and was hoping to do it tomorrow. Dealer was saying that he has been waiting on parts from Mahindra for several tractors for a while, and he was getting a little tired of it.

I have no clue if I believe the dealer. I would think that hydraulic hoses are pretty common and would always be in stock. With warranty work, does the dealer have to get the hoses from Mahindra or can they just use hoses from a local provider? I purchased the tractor from this dealer and figured one week would have been plenty of time.

Just venting. Has anyone else had problems with parts not being shipped in a timely manner?

/ Warranty work #2  
We made one up the next day for one of my 3215 owners!!!Mahindra uses standard hoses and fittings.

/ Warranty work #4  
Nissan197 said:
I took my 3215 4WD to the dealer on 05/30/08 for some warranty work. The connectors to the fel were leaking hydraulic fluid. I assumed it would be a quick fix, but not hearing from them for a week I called them on 06/05 and they explained they were waiting on the hydraulic hoses from Mahindra. They thought they would be arriving via UPS on 06/06. Well, I was busy until 06/10 and after not hearing anything I stopped by the dealer that afternoon. I saw my tractor parked in the back lot and was hoping it was all completed and ready to go. Not. :( Service personnel advised they were still waiting on the hoses from Mahindra. They said they ordered them on 06/02. They asked me to call back on 06/11 around 3 pm. That is what I did and still no hoses. They said they called Mahindra and for what ever reason the parts were still not shipped. Dealer said they should have them by 06/13. Of course I was a little ticked since I need to get my property mowed and was hoping to do it tomorrow. Dealer was saying that he has been waiting on parts from Mahindra for several tractors for a while, and he was getting a little tired of it.

I have no clue if I believe the dealer. I would think that hydraulic hoses are pretty common and would always be in stock. With warranty work, does the dealer have to get the hoses from Mahindra or can they just use hoses from a local provider? I purchased the tractor from this dealer and figured one week would have been plenty of time.

Just venting. Has anyone else had problems with parts not being shipped in a timely manner?

Dear Nissan 197,
I have sent you private message 6/12 and have not heard from you.
Will you please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks!!!

"A Smile Is A Light In The Window Of The Soul, Indicating That The Heart Is At Home."
Best Regards,
Brenda Bradshaw
Customer Relations
Mahindra USA, Inc.
17723 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
1-800-887-2286 EXT. 321
brenda.bradshaw@mahindrausa.com

/ Warranty work #5  
Nissan197 said:
I took my 3215 4WD to the dealer on 05/30/08 for some warranty work. -- SNIP -- Dealer was saying that he has been waiting on parts from Mahindra for several tractors for a while, and he was getting a little tired of it.

Not specifically parts shipment, but closure on several small important warranty issues that I have been trying to get done since '06 when I bought my tractor. I contacted the dealer and several at Mahindra but the only suitable response I have gotten was repair in the case of catastrophic failure. Other things nothing happened. I finally got in thru Brenda Bradshaw and she helped by referring me appropriately. That was back in Feb tho, and altho things seemed like they were going to move, they havent. No apparent follow thru. No status reporting. I feel like a fool, continually re prompting them, being acknowledged, wait, repeat. Is there a message here?
larry

/ Warranty work
Dealer just called and said the hoses were just delivered by UPS. He asked if I could pick tractor up today, but now I have to wait until Wednesday. Have to go back to work tonight for 12 hour shifts. Won't have time. I am just glad the tractor is going to be fixed. I asked them why they don't make their own hoses and he said they get all parts from Mahindra. Hopefully that is the last service I ever need. I can handle the fluid changes and filters myself.

/ Warranty work #7  
Nissan197 said:
Dealer just called and said the hoses were just delivered by UPS. He asked if I could pick tractor up today, but now I have to wait until Wednesday. Have to go back to work tonight for 12 hour shifts. Won't have time. I am just glad the tractor is going to be fixed. I asked them why they don't make their own hoses and he said they get all parts from Mahindra. Hopefully that is the last service I ever need. I can handle the fluid changes and filters myself.

Most all established dealers have hose making machines. Takes about 5 minutes a hose. It is odd that a dealer would order a hose as it is standard hardware, nothing special.

/ Warranty work #8  
DavesTractor said:
Most all established dealers have hose making machines. Takes about 5 minutes a hose. It is odd that a dealer would order a hose as it is standard hardware, nothing special.

Would Mahindra pay a warranty claim if the dealer made the hose instead of ordering it from the factory?

When I was in the car business warranty repairs often told the manufactor of design flaws or defective parts which needed to be addressed in a recall.

I would doubt Mahindra would pay for warranty work without using their parts.

But I am not in the business anymore thing might of changed.

Don

/ Warranty work #9  
DonWorrell said:
Would Mahindra pay a warranty claim if the dealer made the hose instead of ordering it from the factory?........I would doubt Mahindra would pay for warranty work without using their parts.
Don

Don, MUSA would have no problem honoring a warranty claim with an aftermarket hose. Mahindra wants the customer put first, and if it makes sense in that regard, they are good with such decisions. Dave

/ Warranty work #10  
A dealer could purchase the hose making equipment from a hyd hose distributor for roughly $10,000. This would probably make 98% of all the hoses on the tractors they sell. They could also make a deal with a distributor to supply the dealer with hoses if the dealer didn't want to be bothered. Any hose distributor would do either for a substantial discount. Both hoseman and dealer have room to make a profit. I do both for tractor and other equipment dealers in the area.
I'm willing to bet that the dealer placed the hose on a stock order which he wouldn't have to pay freight for and takes longer rather than UPS which would be a freight charge and the factory wouldn't pay the freight on a warranty claim. I don't know for certain if this was the case, but with the dealers I have/am involved with, this is usually the case.
Sounds like mahindra got involved and made things right.