3-Point Hitch Was bush hogging today ...

/ Was bush hogging today ... #11  
G'day see if you have a bare co distributor nearby and get a hold of some of there "super lynch pins" just don't get your finger in the way when closing them:( ( you will only do it once..... believe me:laughing:)

Jon

/ Was bush hogging today ... #12  
G'day see if you have a bare co distributor nearby and get a hold of some of there "super lynch pins" just don't get your finger in the way when closing them:( ( you will only do it once..... believe me:laughing:)
Jon

Yeah, I've got a few of those super duty ones (black coloration, rather then zinc or cadmium colored).
Worse then a mouse trap is they snap closed on your finger!

/ Was bush hogging today ... #13  
Yeah, I've got a few of those super duty ones (black coloration, rather then zinc or cadmium colored).
Worse then a mouse trap is they snap closed on your finger!

Same here. I've never lost one of those guys.

/ Was bush hogging today ... #14  
I have lost a lynch pin on my bush hog and HEARD IT come off...Now imagine if I had been listening to an Ipod or had headphones on...That is why I want to caution everyone again about not being able to hear your equipment and what is going on with your machinery when you are operating it..

/ Was bush hogging today ... #15  

Jon

These are available at Tractor Supply also.

/ Was bush hogging today ...
so today was out again and had a bigger problem than a lost lynch pin ... caught a branch on this bit of plastic on the right hand side that I would assume is there to drain the coolant ... long story short ... the tractor is out in the field and I need to get a replacement part (somehow I would think driving around with no coolant would be a bad thing)

/ Was bush hogging today ... #17  
Where there is a way, or something to catch, that brush will find it. I worry everytime I am in the brush that I get out ok.
Sorry to hear of the problem, but it adds to the experience. :D

/ Was bush hogging today ...
tell me about it ... only had the tractor since friday

but hey ... its par for the course ... the field I'm working on is looking great now that we are lacking the saplings and stuff that was growing in there ... cleared 6acres this weekend in about 6hrs of tractor time ... really getting used to backing that mower over bushes ...

/ Was bush hogging today ... #19  
when the dealerships provide the owners manual they tell to read and fallow service and maintenance & safety guidances, but in the manuals it never states real life scenarios of what might & can happen,:cool:
I guess what I'm saying is the most things you'll learn about your tractor will come from experiencing them,;)

Last edited:
   / Was bush hogging today ... #20  
On my most lost areas...I tighten a tie wrap on my lynch pins where the pin meets the ring. So far that has worked out.

I did not know there were "super" lynch pins at TSC. I will go check them out.