Mowing Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership?

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #51  
Looks like you have to decide what the implement is worth......to you. If you are shopping and looking for a good or fair deal, then you have plenty of time. On the other hand, If you tell the dealer, I have to cut that section before the end of the month (in two weeks), get out that fat wallet. I don't usually care if the paint is faded, but I do expect it to work as new - even if it is a used implement. NO ONE buys any implement that doesn't do what it is supposed to do and likes it. And the dealer says "never seen that before" apparently didn't bother to look at the locked up clutch. As for covering an implement with a tarp outside, there seems to be a lot of posts saying that covering implements hold moisture (decreases evaporation) causing even more rust. That would lead us to think the safest place to store implements is in the shed. I don't know many who have that space. Good luck,

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #52  
I bought a 2013 NOS (New Old Stock) Polaris Brutus [diesel, of course!] in 2016. It had sat at a dealer's (folks in Minnesota- I think they might have been buying them up from other dealers in the country) for THREE years. I'll NEVER do something like that again! As OP referenced in the first post, SEALS can be a concern. I have a small leak that I believe is from the rear main seal. Pretty much been leaking since I got it. I HATE things that leak, but in this case the amount of work to deal with this is just way too much. I'm lucky because it's a hydrostatic transmission, I don't have to worry about a messed up clutch plate. As an NOS it was $5k cheaper over the new 2016 models, in which case maybe the oil leak was worth it? NOTE: As harsh as I am about this thing I'll have to say that it just continues to work; still has its original battery! (and it's lived outdoors all its life- Polaris engineers aren't the brightest- starter motor is exposed between the front of the dump box and the cab, which caused me to first clean the brushes and then replace them; I park it under my woodshed, so it at least escapes direct rain).

As folks have noted, if get a NEW warranty then you're likely going to be OK. Make sure, however, that if you've got things like seals that there's warranty wording that will cover any such issues.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #53  
I think one of the other key issues is that if you are lucky enough to find an item like this at a drastically reduced price you need to be prepared to buy it on the spot. I'm bitter enemies with Murphy so as soon as I locate a hidden or not so hidden gem like this there will be 5 other people with the same idea.

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #54  
I think one of the other key issues is that if you are lucky enough to find an item like this at a drastically reduced price you need to be prepared to buy it on the spot. I'm bitter enemies with Murphy so as soon as I locate a hidden or not so hidden gem like this there will be 5 other people with the same idea.
This is very true. If you're a fire sale shopper, be ready to pounce on the spot. No "I'll think about it" or kiss that deal or any future deal buh-bye. People will point and laugh when you walk by and kids will egg your house on halloween. I've seen it. :)

/ Was your new implement old when you purchased it from the dealership? #55  
This is very true. If you're a fire sale shopper, be ready to pounce on the spot. No "I'll think about it" or kiss that deal or any future deal buh-bye. People will point and laugh when you walk by and kids will egg your house on halloween. I've seen it. :)
AND, this requires a person to be well researched on the item (in order to be able to make a quick assessment of it).