Water

/ Water #31  
One dug well around here left over from 1920 AG use...

The home is in a 1950 tract development purchased by my co-worker...

They had no use for it until the last drought and someone said they should check it out.

Unlimited sweet water on their 6,000 feet lot.

Bought a Sears submersible pump and it keeps their in ground pool full...

What a great thing to have in California when I know folks spending 20 to 50k and coming up dry...

It's not that water is about a penny a gallon but GPD is restricted...

/ Water #32  
Then the dogs will take over earth…. Or so my lab hopes. They cant screw it up any more than we have.
Maybe. I suspect that whatever does come after us will be completely alien to anything we might have imagined.
Carbon-based, for sure. Mostly water, certainly. But after that, all bets are off.

I don't subscribe to the MAN = BAD, Manmade = bad line of illogic. This, because we did not come here from some other dimension. We are of the planet ERGO 100% native and 100% natural, so every single thing we do is 100% natural. It is not possible for us to do a thing that is unnatural.

All the things we work with are from here. I see the roads the buildings the garbage dumps, all of it as 100% natural. And in fact, Nature seems willing to adapt to the things we do. To work with us. For example; More and more lifeforms that never before did are now consuming plastics for nurishment.

There have been times when we **** where we ate, one time too many. I remember rivers on fire and running with a wild array of kaleidoscope colors. We paid a price for that kind of stupidity.

/ Water #33  
Henny Penny lives...!

/ Water #34  
Who says were not alien race sent here…. Dont you watch Xfiles?

/ Water #35  
And my dog keeps telling me……our days are numbered. 🐶🦮

/ Water #37  
And in fact, Nature seems willing to adapt to the things we do. To work with us.

But...we are slowly overwhelming Nature by sheer numbers. If the population of us humans on this old earth continues to explode the way it has in the past 1000 years there is NO WAY the available natural resources will be able to cope. In the past 60 years the world's population has more than doubled! I'm afraid when "Nature" gets close to reaching a breaking point, it will do a "correction". That may result in a huge reduction in human population.

worl population over time.jpg

/ Water #38  
But...we are slowly overwhelming Nature by sheer numbers.
I don't think so.
Recall all the howling and wailing over peak oil? And then there was no such thing as peak oil?
Or the predictions that we'd run out because there are not more dinosaurs to ferment into oil Except oil is a mineral product from geology, not fossils.

We have done ourselves ( or rather our bretheren in poorer countries) some serious disservice by augmenting their food supplies and giving them medicines and medical care helped them learn how to get water, and all that helped them produce more (lots and lots more) fat happy babies.
Who doesn't like babies?
And now when times get hard and we can't give so much away (like during Covid) they all starve back to the sustainable populations that they they had before we meddled in their lives. It's ugly.

But we don't occupy much more than a lousy 10% of the earth so we are no where near maximum population density.

But you should be cheered. Japan's birthrate has fallen off a cliff and so too in Europe and the USA. Even Friggin China has seen it's birth rates fall. People have become so massively selfish that they won't have children.

But to your point more directly:
If humans become a burden on the planet, humans will develop a technology that can alleviate that burden just like we did with peak oil. That's how capitalism works; see a problem, fix it, and sell the cure.

But this girl seems to have the solution

/ Water #39  
I don't think so.
Recall all the howling and wailing over peak oil? And then there was no such thing as peak oil?
Or the predictions that we'd run out because there are not more dinosaurs to ferment into oil Except oil is a mineral product from geology, not fossils.

We have done ourselves ( or rather our bretheren in poorer countries) some serious disservice by augmenting their food supplies and giving them medicines and medical care helped them learn how to get water, and all that helped them produce more (lots and lots more) fat happy babies.
Who doesn't like babies?
And now when times get hard and we can't give so much away (like during Covid) they all starve back to the sustainable populations that they they had before we meddled in their lives. It's ugly.

But we don't occupy much more than a lousy 10% of the earth so we are no where near maximum population density.

But you should be cheered. Japan's birthrate has fallen off a cliff and so too in Europe and the USA. Even Friggin China has seen it's birth rates fall. People have become so massively selfish that they won't have children.

If humans become a burden on the planet, humans will develop a technology that can alleviate that burden just like we did with peak oil. That's how capitalism works; see a problem, fix it, and sell the cure.

Petroleum is carbon based (organic) not mineral based. Organic chemistry is focused on petroleum chemicals.

/ Water #40  
I don't think so.

Who doesn't like babies?

I think "this girl" needs to realize if she want's to save the planet, the best thing to do is to stop breathing.