We really are being spied on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / We really are being spied on!!! #21  
The NET knows exactly what your doing. I searched Ebay yesterday for a very specific product, a Ryan Lawnaire Towed 36" Areator. Fast forward 2 hrs and while checking the weather, I recieve an advertisement in the middle of my weather report, for a Ryan Lawnaire towed 36" Areator. It seems my Google Android knew my specific interest, my device IP address, and forwarded a tailored made advertisement from a Ryan Lawnaire Dealer in Maryland.

I was impressed by Google, but certainly such monitoring capabilities by the NET could have serious negative repercussions someday. Google right now is spending 40% of their research on internet AI programming.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #23  
Heck, electronic billboards are targeted based on cell phone data and demographics of their owners and what those owners tend to purchase.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #25  
I've never had FB or any of the social media platforms. I don't have Alexa. My one and only weakness - TBN. And, as far as my cell phone - I turn it on when I want to make a call.

Besides - long ago I thought about all this spying stuff. I have nothing to hide.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #26  
I've never had FB or any of the social media platforms. I don't have Alexa. My one and only weakness - TBN. And, as far as my cell phone - I turn it on when I want to make a call.
Must be nice. I've had to have a cell phone on my person for decades due to work. Now, I really like having it. Mostly for communications with family, however, camera, searches and maps are a close 2nd. On my cell phone home screen I have the following:
camera
text messages
calendar
photos
maps
personal email
work email
stocks
weather
search

That's it. Pretty handy.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #27  
Hmmmm - I have all those listed items here on my computer. Plus Pages, Photo Pad Pro & Movavi( both are photo editing software programs). I've just always though of my cell phone as a phone only. Habits are difficult to break.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #28  
My daughter mentioned buying heated gloves for her grandmother. The next thing she knows, she has her phone sending her ads for heated gloves.

Pretty disturbing actually. We'd probably be very surprised with how much data is collected about us and how readily it's shared and sold.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #29  
iPhone and Android phones don't listen to you. The APPS on your iPhone and Android phones listen to you. So don't blame the hardware. It's the apps. You can control the apps.
Which is why I refuse to load Facebook Messenger on my phone.

/ We really are being spied on!!! #30  
Besides - long ago I thought about all this spying stuff. I have nothing to hide.
You may not think you have anything to hide, then social norms and laws change and you find that all along you've been some kind of pervert and that the sheriff has a warrant out for you.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.