weeding attachment on bucket

/ weeding attachment on bucket #1  

DanielAlexander

Bronze Member
Tractor
GC2310 TLB
I am thinking of bolting a 3/8x 3 "x5" angle iron with landscape tines to the front edge of the bucket, tines curling down. Weeds in Florida grow so fast and my back hurts from pulling them. What do you think?

/ weeding attachment on bucket #2  
I think that things attached to your 3PH are intended to dig into the ground.

Are you thinking that you can target individual weeds using the FEL?

/ weeding attachment on bucket
Being able to reach and break free growth two feet high,drag them back and into piles . Anbo has a nice root rake ,for this, but it's not possible to purchase it yet.

/ weeding attachment on bucket #4  
Westendorf makes a blade for under the back of the bucket, available with short teeth, that might work without wrecking your bucket: Front-End Loaders by Westendorf: loader for tractor, shade canopy, wagons, manure & landscaping equipment. go to Back-drag Blade. It might not rip as much as you want.
If you imagine using what you're proposing to make just like a York rake, I don't think it's going to pull weeds, unless the soil is pretty loose. Maybe with little stubby 4" teeth, but not with springy tines. You might be frustrated...
Jim

/ weeding attachment on bucket #5  
   / weeding attachment on bucket #7  
I tried that a number of different ways but got nothing. The page refreshed but I stayed on the bucket page with no results. Found out why this time. I hit "Enter" instead of clicking the Go button. It looked like it did something because of the page refresh but it really didn't. :mad:

Anyway, all is good now that I figured out it's an entry box for mouse people, not keyboard people. :)