Weighing tongue weight at home.

/ Weighing tongue weight at home.
While I was hunting tongue scales I saw hanging scales, 660 lbs for only $30.
I got lotsa' trees.
THX guys.

MATH - should position weight response be linear? (Single axle...)

/ Weighing tongue weight at home. #22  
I don't see in the 21 posts what kind/size of trailer you are using to haul that BX. All sorts of things vary depending on the size/weight of the trailer as well as the load. Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Within a broad range all you need to do is measure the truck bumper or hitch distance to the ground and then run your BX forward on the trailer until you get around 4 inches of deflection downward of the back of the truck. If you have that much tongue weight you'll be fine.

Now if you really want to get fun and high tech, look up the Haul Guage now called "Better Weigh Towing Scale." These things are amazing. You plug the gadget into your pickup truck wiring just below the steering column in most trucks. It stays there. Because there are accellerometers in your vehicle, and speed from the truck instruments, etc. the accelleration and speed are both on your wiring harness data. The gadget connects wirelessly to your smartphone. Given both speed and acceleration and the spec book facts on your truck (gathered during setup) it will give you : Weight of the truck empty, weight of the truck and trailer, tongue weight, payload in the truck, pin weight if using a 5th wheel arrangement, and who knows what else. Got one for Xmas a couple years ago and it works. Somewhat fun to play with too.

/ Weighing tongue weight at home. #23  
Not sure if I could load my BX2230 far enough forward to get 4 inches of drop on the hitch/bumper. I don't think I could with my B26TLB either unless the hoe was over the tongue towards the back of the truck. I am using a 2007 Toyota and a 16ft, 10k, landscape trailer. I did use a tongue scale to setup the BX2230 on that set up, don't remember if I checked the B26TLB, though. 4" drop on the bumper would have trailer tongue jack dragging. Just my situation. Jon

/ Weighing tongue weight at home. #24  
Not sure if I could load my BX2230 far enough forward to get 4 inches of drop on the hitch/bumper. I don't think I could with my B26TLB either unless the hoe was over the tongue towards the back of the truck. I am using a 2007 Toyota and a 16ft, 10k, landscape trailer. I did use a tongue scale to setup the BX2230 on that set up, don't remember if I checked the B26TLB, though. 4" drop on the bumper would have trailer tongue jack dragging. Just my situation. Jon
I think the "4" drop" method is way too crude for estimating hitch weight.