Weight of water

/ Weight of water #11  
A train leaves Buffalo Eastbound at 40 mph at noon while another leaves Albany Westbound at 50 mph at 1:00 p.m. When and where will they meet ?

/ Weight of water #12  
What others have said 43.3 PSI pressure. Plus what is the pumping rate? The faster the greater the friction loss.
You could have a 12" diameter pipe 100 ft tall. The pressure on the bottom would still be 43.3 PSI. But friction loss would be much less than a 1" diameter pipe. W. Jones

/ Weight of water #13  
A train leaves Buffalo Eastbound at 40 mph at noon while another leaves Albany Westbound at 50 mph at 1:00 p.m. When and where will they meet ?

In the early afternoon (sometime between noon & 1 pm) and between Buffalo and Albany.

/ Weight of water #14  

Nah, they wont meet. That line is double tracked so they will only pass each other :D :D :D

/ Weight of water #16  
The weight of the water (pipe diameter) doesn't matter. The rise determines the minimum pressure needed if you want the water to reach the top of the pipe. More than minimum pressure will make water flow out of the top of the pipe.

Bruce

/ Weight of water
We have 16.65 pds, 8.34 pds and 86.56 pds with #7 agreeing and a train that is leaving at Albany and Buffalo, now I dont feel so bad. :thumbsup:

/ Weight of water
The weight of the water (pipe diameter) doesn't matter. The rise determines the minimum pressure needed if you want the water to reach the top of the pipe. More than minimum pressure will make water flow out of the top of the pipe.

Bruce

Weight of the water has to be addressed as I am considering a simple/custom backflow preventer.

Id just like to know the weight of the water as asked but I understand its not an easy question. Thanks

/ Weight of water #19  
Is this part of your new septic system plan?

As others have said the pressure depends on the elevation.

/ Weight of water
Is this part of your new septic system plan?

As others have said the pressure depends on the elevation.

No, I have a second cased hole in the ground that was given up on and Id like to see if I can get any type of recovery rate from it, I dont want to invest alot of money with buying a pump until I know that it has a recovery rate period so I am going to build a hand operated deep well pump.