Welcome back

/ Welcome back #111  
New post. Now I will edit the post

Edit, adding picture View attachment 688089

Still can’t add a picture in an edit.

/ Welcome back #112  
Test post

Edit - Did the insert image - drag & drop. That seems easy enough.
1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Welcome back #113  
@Muhammad Is there a way to change how many post per page it shows? I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes.

/ Welcome back #114  
Having marked everything as read, now I'm getting the same behavior as in the My Home feature of the past. That's gonna make life a lot simpler, and I'm feeling a lot better about this upgrade.

For many years I was helping an old Joomla based site that fell to pieces every time either PHP or Joomla updated. Young bloods moved it over to Wordpress, which obsoleted my ability to help, and I gratefully surrendered the reins. Hope these initial potholes/learning curve experiences smooth out quickly, and I'm looking forward to a brighter future.

If I could dream, I'd wish for a Watched dropdown that showed the threads with new content right in the dropdown. Now that would be slick.:cool:

Wow! I remember Joomla! I had forgotten it until you mentioned it. But what a blast from the past! Not many sites can say we've been around 20+ years. Glad to have you all with us for it! (Were we all really 20 years younger when we started this???)

/ Welcome back #115  
Personally, I hate the new format. It's telling me to buy a new computer because it doesn't like mine or sumpthin.
Apparently, the new software is prying and poking around in my PC. What's up with that? :poop:

/ Welcome back #117  
Just like others, I got a lot done in my shop.

/ Welcome back #118  
When someone posted a bunch of pictures back in the good ole days, I use to hold (ctrl) and left click to bring those pics to the top of my page to view, now the pic goes on the comment page and only one at a time, that's not an improvement it's anarchy.......
Screwing up a tried and true website is an "improvement"?
To quote Joseph Goebbels, "if you tell a lie big enough, and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"

/ Welcome back #119  
Wow! I remember Joomla! I had forgotten it until you mentioned it. But what a blast from the past! Not many sites can say we've been around 20+ years. Glad to have you all with us for it! (Were we all really 20 years younger when we started this???)

I never did get my head around how Joomla worked. Even bought and read the Nutshell book.

Hate to admit it, but I was 40 years younger when I started coding. Twenty years seems like a blink of an eye.

BTW, Ibrahim, Is it safe to assume you were in cahoots with Muhammad in pulling off the TBN migration? If so, thanks a million, and well done.

But don't be restin' on your laurels too long; all the edit tools (bold, emojis, etc.) look like they're disabled now. ;)

/ Welcome back #120  
Screwing up a tried and true website is an "improvement"?
To quote Joseph Goebbels, "if you tell a lie big enough, and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it"
What's so screwed up now? It's works pretty much like the old one, the layout is also similar.

"Watched" is just like the Subscribed threads or "My home" button, just a different name. Still the same functions.

Honestly, Mohammed and Ibrahim did such a good job on keeping this thing so similar to the old one.