Welding with Gas **WOW**

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #1  

mcd176

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800HD / Kubota B2150
Hi All,

Over the past several years I have welded with either a stick or flux core welder, Today I went and picked up a bottle of 80/20 gas for my Lincoln 3200HD and hooked it all up, I was so happy with the way that my welds turned out and how smooth the gas makes my welder operate, I only wish I would have got the gas sooner!

Just wanted to pass this on is anyone else is considering the gas option for their welder.

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #2  
I agree, it's like night a day difference for me when I was mig welding. By far better w/ gas!

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #3  
Unless your outside and its windy you will never go back to flux core wire agian. A gas mig/wire welder was one of my better investments.

One word of caution don't ever try a plasma cutter, if you do you will be buying one. The local miller dealer suckered me in to trying one for a week and I couldn't let him take it back.

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #4  
Unless your outside and its windy you will never go back to flux core wire agian. A gas mig/wire welder was one of my better investments.

One word of caution don't ever try a plasma cutter, if you do you will be buying one. The local miller dealer suckered me in to trying one for a week and I couldn't let him take it back.

Ain't that the truth:)

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #5  
Wait until you try TIG:). It takes a lot of practice but boy what clean welds and also no sparks. Just got my Miller Econotig about a month or so back. It's sweet.

/ Welding with Gas **WOW** #6  
The local miller dealer suckered me in to trying one for a week and I couldn't let him take it back.

Salesmen call that 'The puppy dog close'. "Just take it home for the weekend and if you don't like it, bring it back on Monday."