Well fudge, Broken Spool

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #1  

LindenBruce

Gold Member
Tractor
Husky GT2654, Branson 4520TLB
Was out again today digging tree holes when suddenly the back hoe curl function went limp. I have re-sealed section valves before so I just thought the pin can loose and worked it's way out. So, I removed the cover over the valve assembly, unscrewed the handle and pulled off the rubber boot. Much to my dismay, the top section of the spool had snapped off!! Just crazy.

I have already contacted my dealer but it's late on a Saturday so I prolly won't hear anything until next week. Just a bummer because I was hoping to get a lot more work done this weekend. I have attached a pic. B
20210313_161717.jpg

20210313_161653.jpg

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #2  
That is crazy. At first I thought the spool was what broke. Hopefully your dealer can help you get back going.

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool
I'm sure he will. Whats even more nuts is, I only have 68 hours on the tractor as a whole. Not all of that is with the hoe. I'm still shaking my head over this one. Stuff happens. B.

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #4  
Unfortunately, I have a feeling that they won't sell you just the single spool.

You may try to search the manufacturer of the valve and try going that way, otherwise, I see a new valve in your future.

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #5  
I bet you won't be able to get just the spool, if not, why not get the ears welded back on?........Mike

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #6  
I only have 68 hours on the tractor as a whole. Not all of that is with the hoe.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that they won't sell you just the single spool.

You may try to search the manufacturer of the valve and try going that way, otherwise, I see a new valve in your future.
They'd better not be trying to sell him anything, unless he's had it sitting around for a couple of years with so little use.

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #7  
They'd better not be trying to sell him anything, unless he's had it sitting around for a couple of years with so little use.
Yeah I may have forgot about warranty, although, the Branson 4520 could be anywhere from 2011 to 2020 I believe.

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #8  
Interesting....

/ Well fudge, Broken Spool #10  
Hopefully. If not, I believe the manufacturer is Walvoil, and the valves are available separately. Someone here added a valve to the middle of the stack to run a thumb.