Well it's here!

/ Well it's here! #1  

chas0218

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT235E
Now I just need to start working her. Pushed some brush, messed around with the backhoe, and gave my boys a ride. Really looking forward to cleaning up my property. received_478897402806932.jpgScreenshot_20200123-181924_Snapchat.jpg20200123_175537.jpg

/ Well it's here! #2  
Congratulations.

Don't forget to torque the wheel lugs, tighten everything you can, grease & spray lube anything that moves and check the fluid levels. I know that this should've been done by the dealership... Trust but verify.

/ Well it's here! #5  
Congratulations! Great new toy... ehhh ... I mean tool! Have fun!

/ Well it's here! #6  
BIG congrats..darn nice looking setup.:thumbsup:

/ Well it's here!
Thanks Everyone! It should be a great tractor for my property.

That backhoe is going to be a bit of a learning curve. Quite a bit different operating that then the mini excavators or skid steers. Might shorten the rods or at least put a bend in them to get them closer to me so they are more in my lap.

So far my here is my initial opinion/observations with only a few hours on the machine.

-Fender mount loader controls are awesome!
-Work platform for tractor very well laid out and roomy even for a CUT.
-Clutch area could be a little bigger but might be just because I'm used to larger tractors.
on this note I wear a 11 size shoe and find myself hitting the cowling when I'm operating the clutch. This could be because I'm not familiar with the layout yet.
- Brake lever to lock both together is quite chintzy, it works but definitely could use a little bigger chunk of metal
- The power, whoa I can't believe this is only 35hp. This rivals my father's Kubota 55hp MX when pushing brush.
-Backhoe seems a little anemic but I was digging in half frozen ground and the stump was about 10" across at the base. Dug the ground no problem just the stump roots were stuck.
-Loader came with bucket level indicator, how did I operate all these years without one.
-Not really a problem with the tractor but a lot bigger in my garage than expected even though I measured.
-Loader is strong but haven't really tested it to its limits.
-The bucket is huge, I managed to fit 1/3 of a facecord of wood which filled my small indoor storage rack.
-Parking brake alarm is really annoying. I don't like having to set it using the backhoe. I can't move myself along as easy.

Wife isn't the happiest about having a gear tractor but pushing brush I don't get the whine and can actually push to the full potential of the tractor.

/ Well it's here!
Congratulations! Great new toy... ehhh ... I mean tool! Have fun!

Now you sound like my wife! haha She already says I'm outside "playing" when I say I'm "doing work". God forbid I enjoy doing work so in a way I guess I am playing. I'll never let her know that though!

I forgot to mention the dealer said it was a turbo motor and it is not. Happy it isn't only because turbos do end up going bad at some point.

/ Well it's here! #9  
Great to hear you are having some fun.

To reply to some of your observations, the foot / clutch issue is probably just a matter of getting used to it. I have a size 12 shoe and initially would hit the cowling. Have not hit it after about the first 20 hours.

Agree, the level indicator is fantastic! Makes using the loader much easier.

The brake connector lever is as simple as it gets. I do not think I have ever used it with split brakes, no need too, do not think I ever will (unless I start plowing fields).

The power is definitely on par with bigger machines, the hydraulic pumps on these are bigger output than some slightly larger machines.

For the BH, it is different than some other machines I have operated. There is definitely a learning curve. I have noticed that the power of the bucket curl and dipper stick is stronger than the boom. This goes against what “ muscle memory “ that I have. I will be digging and doing great progress, then all of a sudden, will be having a harder time.... reverted back to “ the old way “ of operating it. Once I realize that, and go back to using it “ differently “, it starts digging great again. This has been happening less and less, so definitely need to “ re-learn “ the controls.

Digging out stumps is not easy for any of these CUT BHs. It will get done, but just takes more time and finesse.

I was surprised also at the size of the buckets. Great for scooping / carrying stuff, but a detriment to actually “ digging “ with one. The bucket on my SCUT was only 48 inches and about half the capacity, but it would dig much better.... again taking longer.

I am really glad I do not have a parking brake alarm.... I would find it and cut a wire for sure! .... not sure if is tied into the “ safety functions “ though.

MOST IMPORTANT : I have told myself over and over that I need a bigger “ tractor house “ ..... I just need to convince the wifey... she still says “ it fits just fine ! “ ....

Have some more fun!

/ Well it's here!
Great to hear you are having some fun.

To reply to some of your observations, the foot / clutch issue is probably just a matter of getting used to it. I have a size 12 shoe and initially would hit the cowling. Have not hit it after about the first 20 hours.

Agree, the level indicator is fantastic! Makes using the loader much easier.

The brake connector lever is as simple as it gets. I do not think I have ever used it with split brakes, no need too, do not think I ever will (unless I start plowing fields).

The power is definitely on par with bigger machines, the hydraulic pumps on these are bigger output than some slightly larger machines.

For the BH, it is different than some other machines I have operated. There is definitely a learning curve. I have noticed that the power of the bucket curl and dipper stick is stronger than the boom. This goes against what “ muscle memory “ that I have. I will be digging and doing great progress, then all of a sudden, will be having a harder time.... reverted back to “ the old way “ of operating it. Once I realize that, and go back to using it “ differently “, it starts digging great again. This has been happening less and less, so definitely need to “ re-learn “ the controls.

Digging out stumps is not easy for any of these CUT BHs. It will get done, but just takes more time and finesse.

I was surprised also at the size of the buckets. Great for scooping / carrying stuff, but a detriment to actually “ digging “ with one. The bucket on my SCUT was only 48 inches and about half the capacity, but it would dig much better.... again taking longer.

I am really glad I do not have a parking brake alarm.... I would find it and cut a wire for sure! .... not sure if is tied into the “ safety functions “ though.

MOST IMPORTANT : I have told myself over and over that I need a bigger “ tractor house “ ..... I just need to convince the wifey... she still says “ it fits just fine ! “ ....

Have some more fun!
Yeah I have to get used to it a little. I know not all tractors are the same. I will agree 1000% old habits die hard.