Well that was fun.

/ Well that was fun.
I hate when they complicate stuff that doesn't need to be complicated. Just more stuff to fail. What's wrong with a standard shifter fer pity sake. All these lectric motors, push buttons n blinkin lights just got no place in anything utility oriented. Soccer moms aren't a decent market for 4X4s anyway.

Honestly, I love my electronic shift on the fly 4x4 when it's working. No getting out in the mud or cold to lock the hubs in and no lever sticking up from the floor.

When it isn't working, though...

/ Well that was fun. #12  
Honestly, I love my electronic shift on the fly 4x4 when it's working. No getting out in the mud or cold to lock the hubs in and no lever sticking up from the floor.

When it isn't working, though...

I lock my hubs before venturing forth in 4X4 conditions then engage 4WD when needed with a shifter from the warm comfort of my cab. I've even added extra shifters by converting to twin stick, one for high/low range and one for 2WD/4WD. That's in addition to the shifter for the crawl box so I have four of em all told along with two switches to lockup either axle when needed. I don't like being stuck. Oh yeah for when the wheels just won't work, a winch comes in mighty handy.

482037522QSsgAO_ph.jpg

/ Well that was fun. #13  
I lock my hubs before venturing forth in 4X4 conditions then engage 4WD when needed with a shifter from the warm comfort of my cab. I've even added extra shifters by converting to twin stick, one for high/low range and one for 2WD/4WD. That's in addition to the shifter for the crawl box so I have four of em all told along with two switches to lockup either axle when needed. I don't like being stuck. Oh yeah for when the wheels just won't work, a winch comes in mighty handy.

View attachment 467146

Hey, a Mall Cruiser!!! ;) ;) ;)

/ Well that was fun. #14  
Hey, a Mall Cruiser!!! ;) ;) ;)

Yeah it takes those annoying curb stones in it's stride. It does a pretty good job on those pesky Prius and so called Smart Cars too. Go ahead open your door into the side of my truck, I don't care, just knock yourself out.

/ Well that was fun. #15  
I hear ya.

My wheelin rigs are never parked in a lot with pavement, let alone designated parking spots. :)

/ Well that was fun. #16  
If I could give you a like I would. Toyota's are my guilty pleasure. Does Scuba or the opera singer still hang out on TTORA?

The other day I took my Toyota to work since we were having a freak blizzard. I left the house and it was snowing but the snow was not sticking to the ground. In less than 15 minutes the temperature dropped and snow was accumulating fast. There is a hill here with a JR high at the top and parents unloading kids causing traffic to back up. I didn't have my hubs lock in and having big luggy muds on, I couldn't get going again. The parking break was useless and I need to get out and lock the hubs while on a hill. So I took my briefcase shoved it under the front tire super quick, locked both hubs and hopped back in. This day I wish I had my other truck with the autolocking hubs.

/ Well that was fun. #17  
When the snow flies I lock my hubs. I'm not driving fast anyway, I may be crazy but I'm not stupid ya know.

Yeah Chris, the opera singer is still around but not on the boards much. TTORA is almost dead now anyway. Chis landed a full time slot at the opera so doesn't get out as much as he used to. The rest of NorCal went to gettin married and havin kids and faded away too. I guess you might say they grew up and got too old for me to play with anymore. LOL Mike, Dean, Snowchucker and the rest of em started breeding instead of wheeling. I guess breeding must be more fun. And just when I moved to real wheeling country too. Fordyce is a day trip for me now but I still gotta find someone to wheel with to make it. Although the creek will likely be running high and fast this summer. This 132012-caution-fordyce-creek-500cfs-release-4th_timbo2.jpg
instead of this
TRUCK1.jpg

/ Well that was fun. #18  
Yea, last time I was on it, it seemed pretty dead. It's too bad, some of the best threads ever in the history of the internet was on good old TTORA.

If you were closer, I'd wheel with ya.

/ Well that was fun. #19  
How did you get that first rig out?? Do you still have that rig?? Can't tell for sure what it is??

/ Well that was fun. #20  
How did you get that first rig out?? Do you still have that rig?? Can't tell for sure what it is??

Are you talking about the truck across the creek that I had to go get and drag back across? That's the difference between snorkel and no snorkel. I just hooked him up and dragged him back over. Lucky for him he shut it down before he hydrolocked the engine. We yanked the plugs, pumped the water out and he was good to go although I did have to loan him a dry air filter. On the same run, I had to drag another one that rolled his two and half times, all the way back to camp in the dark. He tried to follow my line with an IFS rig running a nose bleed lift and big tires. All tall and tippy like and suitable for the mall running only. After I rolled it back off of it's noggin, we had to use a farm jack to jack the roof up enough so he could get in it to steer. His truck was done for. Next morning, we dragged it back to the road, put it on a flatbed and we never heard from him again. At least he didn't die, only a small pine tree kept him from rolling right off the edge of a cliff. I don't think there were any buttons left on his seat covers. The Sierra is rugged country when you get up high.

Yeah I still have it and drive it. It's a 95 Toyota Tacoma that I've modified a lot. When I go to town people around here try to buy it but I'm not selling.