Well that was fun.

/ Well that was fun. #21  
Yea, last time I was on it, it seemed pretty dead. It's too bad, some of the best threads ever in the history of the internet was on good old TTORA.

If you were closer, I'd wheel with ya.

You know you want to do Fordyce or the Rubicon but Dusy Ershim is better IMHO. Dusy takes a while to run so you get the time to enjoy it. Great scenery, fishing etc. I try to set aside a week for it. It can be done in three days, it's 33 miles but you'll be tired and beat up at the end.

/ Well that was fun. #22  
The Dusy and the Con are on the bucket list. My 88 is IFS though, so I will need to take my Landcruiser.

/ Well that was fun. #23  
The Dusy and the Con are on the bucket list. My 88 is IFS though, so I will need to take my Landcruiser.

A real cruiser or one of those johnny come lately things they made for soccer moms. I sold my FJ project. After everything fell through on the project I had planned for it, it was just hanging around. One of my buddies who used to live in AZ sold his truck and moved out here and needed something to wheel so I let him buy it. It was a 66 with a 350 small block chevy. He did a DNC, installed the EFI kit and put a coat of paint on it but is keeping it on leaves and is sticking with that short and vertically challenged FJ40 wheel base. Remember Rich, azrockbum?

/ Well that was fun. #24  
As long as I am doing under 60mph, I just grab the stick and shift into 4 wheel high and tromp on it. I do like my tru-track steer axle. The open diff in the rear may get changed to posi or maybe limited slip this summer.

/ Well that was fun. #25  
As long as I am doing under 60mph, I just grab the stick and shift into 4 wheel high and tromp on it. I do like my tru-track steer axle. The open diff in the rear may get changed to posi or maybe limited slip this summer.

A posi is a limited slip. Why not put a full locker in it? Depends on which axle but ARB makes air lockers for a lot of em. Then you have the advantages of both an open or a fully locked axle.

/ Well that was fun. #26  
If the ARB locker will fit in my Dana 30 pumpkin, then I may go that route. I cannot move the axle back any. There is a 94L/24.8US gallon gas tank there in the stock position.

/ Well that was fun. #27  
When I ordered my 2007 F250 I spec'd manual hubs and manual transfer case. It does suck to get out to engage but it has never failed.

/ Well that was fun. #28  
If the ARB locker will fit in my Dana 30 pumpkin, then I may go that route. I cannot move the axle back any. There is a 94L/24.8US gallon gas tank there in the stock position.

I think ARB may indeed have one that fits. I think OX does too although I hate that cable thing so I electrified mine.
If you drive in snow and ice much, I suppose you do, I'd steer clear of auto lockers or you might wind up in a ditch.

/ Well that was fun. #29  
I have a fat bottom girl 80 series. Front and rear e lockers etc.

From what I've been told, it may be a little big for the Dusy with its wide hips.

/ Well that was fun. #30  
I have shift-on-the-fly 4x4 engagement on my 2005 Ford F150. Its a fantastic system when it works. However, sometime in the dead of winter the "shift & the fly" tend to freeze up. I've had to crawl under the unit and hit this system lightly with a propane torch to break it loose. And its ALWAYS at the worse time possible.

I wish they still made the old 100% mechanical 4WD engagement systems as a option. Not all of us only need 4WD when stuck in a city parking lot.