Wellness days

/ Wellness days
I don't know about "wellness day" for school kids, but if I have anymore wellness days (doctor appts), I think I'm gonna die of wellness.

Cheers,
Mike:rolleyes:
sounds like you might be on the medicare merry go round?

i feel bad for anyone having problems, 2 of my buddies are on the way out now but........

Seems many of my pals are either constantly planning on the next doc visit, going to the visit or recovering from the visit

many really can't afford the co pays.

then it starts again......

/ Wellness days #12  
Its all going in the wrong direction with more holidays, paid leave, etc. I’ve hired several people over the years.
The ones searching for happiness in more days off seem to forget about all that nonsense and get happier/more focused when they are worked hard.
Takes their minds off being lazy, drunk or sleeping until 8am.
Sickness or health issues is a different story.

/ Wellness days #13  
We used to jokingly take an occasional comp time or vacation "mental health day", it was usually during the aftermath of some ongoing drama. You work on a case hammer and tongs for a month or two, and it's kinda nice to kick back for a couple days; till the garden, play with the dogs and take the long suffering Mrs. out for a nice dinner.

/ Wellness days #14  
As a young man, I took a job that was supposed to last my lifetime. I started with:
- 5 paid days off IN 1st year of service.
- 10 paid days off IN 2nd of service.
- 15 paid days off IN 5th year of service.
- 20 paid days off IN 15 years of service.

Then, things started getting weird with the state of the business, economic downturns, pension froze after 19 years of service, sick day policy changes, switch from family model to corporate model, etc... and they started handing out extra days off to keep people from quitting.

Towards the end of 30 years I was up to 28 paid days off.

Then the company outsourced production and we all lost our jobs (not to another country, just a different producer nearby, a business decision that I agree with, as the current model was unsustainable).

At 56 years old, I had to take a serious wage cut and NO paid days off.

So now, as my father said to me 3 times during his working career after being laid off from several jobs, "I have to go back to kid wages." And that means kid benefits as well. I thank my father for those words of reality so many times growing up. Now I face it myself, and it's easier to deal with.

Days off are important for several reasons. To get away from work. To catch up with family. To take care of things around the house that cannot be done on the weekends. Maybe show your kids some of the great things around this country or around the world that everyone should see at least once in their life. Maybe take your spouse somewhere to just relax on a beach, or climb a mountain with her and/or the kids.

Family time, and personal time, are much more valuable to me than work time.

I work to get the money that allows me to do the things I want to do when I'm not working.

/ Wellness days #15  
Or we could ship them to France:

French labor law stipulates that full-time employees working a 35-hour week are entitled to a minimum of five weeks paid leave annually. This is accrued at a rate of 2.5 days leave for every calendar month worked, up to a maximum of 30 days leave.

It took me 25 years at the same company to get 5 weeks of vacation. About the same schedule as Moss posted above. Then we got bought and I went back to 4 weeks.

Last edited:
   / Wellness days #17  
Thank goodness I'm retired. As previously mentioned - if it's not the dentist and impressions for a mouth guard, six month check up, cleaning - it's my Dr wanting to take more tests. I have 27 results from two tubes of blood. I think the Dr's were disappointed - everything was just fine and I don't have to go back for more tests. At least, for another six months.

I would have been fired if I were working and had to take that much time off.

/ Wellness days
As a young man, I took a job that was supposed to last my lifetime. I started with:
- 5 paid days off IN 1st year of service.
- 10 paid days off IN 2nd of service.
- 15 paid days off IN 5th year of service.
- 20 paid days off IN 15 years of service.

Then, things started getting weird with the state of the business, economic downturns, pension froze after 19 years of service, sick day policy changes, switch from family model to corporate model, etc... and they started handing out extra days off to keep people from quitting.

Towards the end of 30 years I was up to 28 paid days off.

Then the company outsourced production and we all lost our jobs (not to another country, just a different producer nearby, a business decision that I agree with, as the current model was unsustainable).

At 56 years old, I had to take a serious wage cut and NO paid days off.

So now, as my father said to me 3 times during his working career after being laid off from several jobs, "I have to go back to kid wages." And that means kid benefits as well. I thank my father for those words of reality so many times growing up. Now I face it myself, and it's easier to deal with.

Days off are important for several reasons. To get away from work. To catch up with family. To take care of things around the house that cannot be done on the weekends. Maybe show your kids some of the great things around this country or around the world that everyone should see at least once in their life. Maybe take your spouse somewhere to just relax on a beach, or climb a mountain with her and/or the kids.

Family time, and personal time, are much more valuable to me than work time.

I work to get the money that allows me to do the things I want to do when I'm not working.
yea

days off are nice, especially when you earn them.

when i owned my own business and paid all the bills i took one day off during the week to play golf, avoid the weekenders.

this morning i'm watching cbs news and after 30 minutes of the oprah channel i tried another channel.

a commercial was on talking about the

XYZ wellness company?

i guess i'm out of touch.

/ Wellness days #19  
Interesting topic.

My wellness days are called weekends.

Yes. I am old school. I work until I don't.

/ Wellness days #20  
yea

days off are nice, especially when you earn them.

when i owned my own business and paid all the bills i took one day off during the week to play golf, avoid the weekenders.

this morning i'm watching cbs news and after 30 minutes of the oprah channel i tried another channel.

a commercial was on talking about the

XYZ wellness company?

i guess i'm out of touch.
I turn on CBS at 7:00am while eating my granola and hard boiled egg. I like the Your World in 90 Seconds. Then I watch the short news, eat, and check my work email until they say "it's 7:19, time for you local weather", and off it goes. Time to feed the cats and tortoise and be off with my day.