Wellness days

/ Wellness days #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I guess i'm just trying to stir things up but.......

There is a developing trend here in NC. Possibly going on elsewhere? I'm curious.

In the last month or so, i've heard on the news about a number of k-12 public schools giving the students a......"wellness day". I'm not sure if the staff gets a paid holiday, maybe they have enough wellness already? I'm pretty sure a couple colleges jumped on board.

I have a very very strong opinion about who really runs public education.

and

I have a very very strong opinion about who comes up with this kinda wellness BS.

I'd be curious to find out how many extra calories were consumed while all those poor students stayed home in moms basement and played on their smartphone, all the while getting wellness.

When you let other people do the dirty work, this is what you get.

/ Wellness days #2  
I haven't heard of this around here. I'm very sure I would agree with your opinion on both topics. One must be careful though - lest we irritate the wrong people. Irritating the right people - well, that's OK.

/ Wellness days #3  
I give up on trying to understand what people think anymore. The new employee pool must need wellness days too. It seems most look for a reason to be off. I have not had a vacation or a day off in years. Even when my Dad died I did not miss a day. I worked to honor him because he did not believe in missing work. I really don't mind people taking off but it does get ridiculous the reasons they come up with.

/ Wellness days #4  
I try to take my vacation days to be with family.
But I will always find some work to do and don't like to be lazing around too much.
I hate the idea of someone having to do extra work cause I didn't do mine.

Maybe this generation will get in gear, we'll see.

/ Wellness days #5  
This type of sh... ah, cra...,um, I mean progressive, ahh, thinking has been going on for a while now it seams. In 1997 I started college, I was closer to 40 than 30. I was always seeing the signs of modern mis-education. One of my favorites was in an Early American history class. We were going over the answers of a quiz or test there was a question about who drafted what is sometimes called 'The Olive Branch Petition' one girl had answered George 3 and was loudly complaining that she should get at least half credit since he was the recipient. She kept insisting that was what they always did in high school.

Of course the class average grade on the first test was around 35, when I got a 97 and was kicking myself for not getting the question I missed correct. I saw the same thing in the sciences and mathematics courses I took. I can only dread what it must be like now.

/ Wellness days #8  
Stepp - I whole heartedly agree with you. I think you SHOULD be running the whole show. We definitely need an upgrade in our leadership.

/ Wellness days #10  
I don't know about "wellness day" for school kids, but if I have anymore wellness days (doctor appts), I think I'm gonna die of wellness.

Cheers,
Mike:rolleyes: