Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #11  
I consider Tractor Supply the Disappointment Store. I get the flyer's too, but when I go there, they are out of what I want. It's gotten to the point that I haven't even been in the store for about a year. The last time was to compare prices to Atwood's, which is kind of the same thing, but allot bigger. I've gotten some fantastic deals from them, especially when they are getting rid of something or an end of the season sale. It's just a shame that my local store has such a hard time with inventory.

Eddie

I pretty much agree with that assessment. he problem with Atwoods is that is is very much a regional chain and covers only a very small portion of the US. My tractor dealer pretty much stocks and displays everything I need.

Andy

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #12  
i went in our local TSC on saturday to get some PTO parts, and of course, they had none of the three parts i was looking for. but they did have plenty of home nick-nacks, shirts, and horse supplies. about the only thing they are good for is nuts and bolts, though our local agway is giving them a run for their money. previous to going to my local store, i stopped at a new TSC is a very affluent and uppity suburban area, the last place i would expect a TSC. they had a very small parking lot, i had to park my tractor trailer on the road. they had no nut/bolt section, no 3PH or PTO section, and no tractor parts section! about all they had was clothing, housewares, and small animal/horse supplies. TSC has gone way downhill, and is becoming more of a "suburbanite-who-wants-to-be-a-redneck" superstore. i have resorted to buying stuff for the tractor off the internet

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #13  
...."suburbanite-who-wants-to-be-a-redneck..."

Hey! - I resemble that remark - and it is the fault of everyone here that I have become that way....

Or is a TBN educated redneck different/better?:D

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #14  
I consider Tractor Supply the Disappointment Store. I get the flyer's too, but when I go there, they are out of what I want. It's gotten to the point that I haven't even been in the store for about a year. The last time was to compare prices to Atwood's, which is kind of the same thing, but allot bigger. I've gotten some fantastic deals from them, especially when they are getting rid of something or an end of the season sale. It's just a shame that my local store has such a hard time with inventory.

Eddie

You got it Eddie. Even here in Canada they advertise stuff they don't have shortly after the flyer hits my doorstep. I call them now to ask them if they have the item in stock and ask them to hold the item til I get there. I don't like wasting my gas getting sucked into their game.

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #15  
Eddie has it right about TSC. I went there last week looking for replacement bush hog blades. They had one on the rack. I asked the nice lady when they would be getting in more blades. She replied that the "inventory computer" won't order any more until that last one is gone. I asked her if the "inventory computer" knew that bush hogs take two blades at a time? She said she might be able to special order one more blade if I could wait two weeks. I walked out of the store and ordered them online. 'Had them 72 hours later for about $3 more than the TSC price. If you need a shirt or bird seed TSC can't be beat.

SimS

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #16  
You got it Eddie. Even here in Canada they advertise stuff they don't have shortly after the flyer hits my doorstep. I call them now to ask them if they have the item in stock and ask them to hold the item til I get there. I don't like wasting my gas getting sucked into their game.

Try this on for size.
I called ahead one time to make sure they had an item on hand and was told they did. When I got there they didn't have what I wanted. Spoke to the manager and received the, "I really don't know why he would have told you that" story. G-r-r-r-r-r :mad:

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #17  
The TSC website now allows you to order online and have the stuff shipped to the store. It saves you the shipping costs. I've not ordered anything that way but it is a way to cut down on the "out-of-stock" aggravation. It doesn't work for stuff you need right away though.

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #18  
The TSC website now allows you to order online and have the stuff shipped to the store. It saves you the shipping costs. I've not ordered anything that way but it is a way to cut down on the "out-of-stock" aggravation. It doesn't work for stuff you need right away though.

I agree. Be sure to check out their outlet stuff. I'm always losing adjustable wrenches out in the field and was able to pick up a dozen cheapos for less than a dollar each. Took 3 days over memorial weekend to get them. Not too bad.

/ Went to new Tractor Supply opening today boy did I get a good deal #19  
We got our first TSC about 4 years ago. I used to go about once a month because our local ag co-op had closed (Agway is no more in NJ), but it has degenerated into a bird seed, lawn mower and clothing store as well.