Snowblower What’s best Snowblower paint.

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #1  

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
Got some extra time on my hands, so I thought that this year I’d paint the snowblower’s interior surfaces that slide snow.
I don’t own a paint sprayer or want to be buying respirator masks.
Don’t own a sand blaster either.
What’s a good homeowner method of prep and painting? Best brand of rattle-can paint?
Is a good after wax important?
Blower has most of original paint, but some bare spots where it has either worn or flaked.

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #2  
FYI, rattle can simply won't cut it.
First snow will simply abrade it away.

Well that being said it will keep the bare metal from further rusting during the warm moist summer season and as U know wet snow loves to stick to rusty surfaces.

Do as I used to do.
I rattle can sprayed with whatever can I had on hand simply to avoid that bare metal from rusting.

Last fall (B4 snow) I heat moulded some HD PVC to form a liner and I can report that the effort was most successful as I clogged but 3 times (and we had some very wet heavy snow)
It also seemed to contribute to 'economising' my shear bolt consumption as well.

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #3  
Re: What痴 best Snowblower paint.

I spray it with fluid film no wax , you could use brush on paint like Rustoleum that will give you a heavy coat..

/ What’s best Snowblower paint.
Brushing is an option.
I was thinking multiple spray coats? I have all summer. Would that make a difference in paint wearing away come snow?

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #5  

It's gonna wear off , But brushing it on will give you a thicker coat...might last longer..

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #7  

Here's a picture of the L3200 I recently sold. The blower was refurbed and painted 5 or 6 winters ago. The only place that shows much wear is in the fan box. I used Pittsburgh AUE two-part coating on it. It's DTM (Direct To Metal) and there were only a few color coats without primer. I forget the number but it was AUE 300/301 or something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_6432.JPG
    IMG_6432.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 207
   / What’s best Snowblower paint. #8  
Both of my snow blowers are black. A boot this time of year, I clean the inside ' working surfaces ' and paint the bare unrusted metal with Rustoleum semi-gloss black. Black is easy to touch up and the blowers stay looking just like new. The next winter, the paint gets wore back off in some areas and I rinse and repeat the following spring. The main this is to keep the surfaces free from rust. Snow will not slide very good on the rusty metal on it's way out the chute.

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #9  
2 part high gloss epoxy/marine epoxy.

/ What’s best Snowblower paint. #10  
In the basement I've got the remnants of an old gallon of implement red.. I'm going to sand disk the surfaces of the inside of the blower chute as needed, rough up the existing paint, and paint with what I have on hand.. This paint takes about 2 weeks to set up, cure, dry what ever it does but is extremely durable.

Then I'm going to use a can of cheap Turtle Wax car wax for several coats. If I think I need something more sometime mid next winter, I will use a product like Pam cooking spray. Like said, it will ware no matter what you use.