What About Your Montana?

/ What About Your Montana? #11  
I have had my 5740C for about 5 months now with 36 hrs on it.

So far no problems at all !!

Love the tractor, it does all I expected and then some.

Very pleased.

Ron

/ What About Your Montana? #12  
jc7622 said:
Do you have a picture of your flimsey levers? I have the original FEL (I think) and they seem to work OK. I am curious to know if you have the same one I do. I do know that they work a lot more smoothly if you keep them greased really well. I also use a small pipe as a cheater sometimes when they are stiff.

No picture of those levers, but if you have the ones like mine, you have two levers on each side. a big one and much smaller one. The newer quick disconnects only have one big and rather stout lever on each side.

My problem is not that they stick on me, at any point, but rather they get bent up and then they just won't work at all.

/ What About Your Montana? #13  
Unclebuck257 said:
Not a problem one in that catagory at all. My problem is those flimsey levers in the original FEL quick disconnect keep bending and then they're hard to operate/use, or don't work until you spend some serious time straightening them out. They grab onto/into the round bales when I'm moving/stacking round bales and that's how they get bent up. A REAL PITB!!

I am not sure which levers you are talking about are you talking about the ones for removing the FEL from the tractor. That is the pin that I had break. Or are you talking about a quick discnnect for the bucket from the FEL. My tractor did not come with that I had to go back to Montana and purchase one after the fact.

/ What About Your Montana? #14  
I have a 3040 that I purchased in February of 2006. I now have 80 hours on it with about half of those hours with a box blade and the other halve being with a brush hog. I have not had any problems other than a loader control lever that snapped off at the base about 10 hours ago. Dealer replaced it.

In the light weeds / grass that we have here it handles the 7' brush hog like a champ and it likes the 7' box blade also. It takes a 7' implement to cover the rear tracks of the industrial tires.

My only complaint on the whole tractor is the removable radiator screen can not removed with out taking off one side of the loader brackets. Big oversight when they designed the loader bracketry. you can still clean it with air but it would be nice to remove it so you can get to the radiator cleaning better.

Edit: the brush hog and blade are 6 foot not 7 foot.

/ What About Your Montana? #15  
I have that same problem with the bucket disconnect arms. Very flimzy.

/ What About Your Montana? #16  
gemini5362 said:
I am not sure which levers you are talking about are you talking about the ones for removing the FEL from the tractor. That is the pin that I had break. Or are you talking about a quick discnnect for the bucket from the FEL. My tractor did not come with that I had to go back to Montana and purchase one after the fact.

I'm talking about the 2 levers you must use to pull up the pins, or lock the pins down, holding your bucket onto your FEL.

/ What About Your Montana? #17  
Most of the Ansung loaders that were originally on the Montana's did not have a quick disconnect for the bucket or at least that was the impression I got. Mine is an adapter but might have been made out of the heavier material like the newer loaders. Mine seem to be made fairly well.

/ What About Your Montana? #18  
gemini5362 said:
Most of the Ansung loaders that were originally on the Montana's did not have a quick disconnect for the bucket or at least that was the impression I got. Mine is an adapter but might have been made out of the heavier material like the newer loaders. Mine seem to be made fairly well.

OOPS!! I don't know what to say gemini, because all the first Montanas I knew about had quick disconnects, and apparently Montana was getting a lot of complaints about those flimsey levers like mine because I was told that's why they changed to the stronger ones on the newer FELs like they have now. The whole overall FEL system is nicer now than the original ones were.

/ What About Your Montana? #19  
You are probably correct I am sure that some of the dealers that read this page would have a lot more insight into it. My montana was a 2005 model that I bought in 2006 Most of the FEL's that my dealer had did not have quick disconnects. When Montana went to the curved loader I believe that they all had QD's on their loaders. My understanding was that Montana had some problems with the Ansung loaders and the newer loaders were better. I do know that I had a problem with mine when I first got it. I broke three FEL hoses in a row. I noticed that the original hoses were rated at a lower pressure than the new ones I had purchased. I contacted montana about it and they checked out my FEL and then replaced all the old hoses with the newer ones with the higher ratings I have not had a problem since.

/ What About Your Montana? #20  
gemini,

Mine is an 05 model too. Bought it in Jan 06., delivered in Feb 06. The newer FELs are curved and ours are straight.