What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #41  
Lots of snake oil additives out there to be purchased. Everything under the sun.

Myself, I use Biocide in my diesel storage tank (Powerservice Bio-Kleen) and Powerservice winter and summer additives as well. I also use Archoil additives in my engines, especially the AR Nano-Borate oil additive. Not cheap but keeps the engines clean inside. I switched from Rotella straight 30 weight to 5-40 Rotella T6 some years back as well.

Typically, I have around 500 gallons of diesel on hand constantly and I'm always concerned about algae growing in my bulk tank. Been down the algae highway before and it's not a cheap fix, even if you do the work yourself. My last go around with it cist me almost a grand in new parts and a lot of time and labor. I'd rather use an ounce or two of prevention than have to del with the slime.

What are your favorite elixirs and why?
I use PRI-D additive in my diesel. The best there is for keeping fuel fresh and lubing the injection system, cleans fuel system and also kills bacteria in you tanks. Was originally used to keep bunker fuel fresh in ships and they decided to release it to the public. I have diesel that is over six years old and it runs great.

For gas use PRI-G, never have to drain your tanks over winter again. I leave treated in my saws, mowers, splitter, ect. and never have to drain things, everything starts great come spring and no carb. problems.

Look it up, it's great!
Good Luck
puzlrock

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #42  
Stabil blue (marine) is cheaper and requires less per gallon and is supposed to treat ethanol.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #43  
I use a 5 gal VP fuel can and add Sta-Bil for diesel and Stanadyne in every fill up. I never use biodiesel fuel. That is what was recommended by the dealer when I bought my tractor. The tractor even had a sticker that said DO NOT USE Biodiesel fuel.

Last edited:
   / What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #45  
Lots of snake oil additives out there to be purchased. Everything under the sun.

Myself, I use Biocide in my diesel storage tank (Powerservice Bio-Kleen) and Powerservice winter and summer additives as well. I also use Archoil additives in my engines, especially the AR Nano-Borate oil additive. Not cheap but keeps the engines clean inside. I switched from Rotella straight 30 weight to 5-40 Rotella T6 some years back as well.

Typically, I have around 500 gallons of diesel on hand constantly and I'm always concerned about algae growing in my bulk tank. Been down the algae highway before and it's not a cheap fix, even if you do the work yourself. My last go around with it cist me almost a grand in new parts and a lot of time and labor. I'd rather use an ounce or two of prevention than have to del with the slime.

Yup, with low sulphur diesel, algae is always a big problem.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #46  
I think our supplier puts a little pinch of bio in the site tanks. Drivers give it a shot once in a while when they fill the truck. Some carry it. We have saws and small engines, a couple older things and nothing pings on 89. I think the saws call for 89? The stuff I use seasonal isnt a problem and long term I try to run it out but,,, I clean the carb if I gotta, none of them are virgins and can do it in a few minutes. Its not fun as a couple strippers but I can do it. I think we use premium diesel. Saving a few cents not a big deal at this scale but that rec gas was pricey and not really helping and had to be fussed with and the fuel man says he uses common gas too. I been doing for 10 years or so now and cant tell the difference.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #47  
I've been using Stabil for a number of years in every can of gas I bring home. It has given me good results. I use only non-ethenol fuel in all my gasoline engines. I've also added Star Tron to the machines when I've filled the tanks or mixed my 2 stroke fuel.
HOWEVER, I hadn't used my chainsaw in several months and when I tried to use it the other day I could not get it running up to speed. I made a quick trip to the dealer and he gave me the following information: ALL the service bulletins (he indicated that was across multiple engine manufacturers) are recommending dumping fuel if you're not going to use the machine in 60 days. Even with the additives, the gas is playing havoc with the fuell system components.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines? #48  

stanadyne in the TDI and the kubota sta-bil in any gas thats going to sit for any length of time. mystery oil in the tank if i get a bad shot of gas , happens all to often here in western washington. powerservice products are good for the diesel especially if you need to clear up a shot of bad fuel and fuel storage. but for the crappy fuel we get now days and for the sake of the injectors and manifolds getting carboned and corked a small consistent shot of stanadyne saves a lot of heart ache stanadyne is highly recommended by the injector / diesel shops in the area both marine and land, old and new equipment mostly from the poor quality fuel. i have used it for years and have avoided a lot of common problems that ive seen others have with the same engines that didnt use it. of coarse its a mystery as to why but i have to give a thumbs up for the mystery oil for a whole list of applications

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?
With 6K hours on one of my Kubota's and a tune up at the dealer and he pulled the injectors and spray tested them, all perfect, I'd say what I use Power Service winter-summer additive, bio cide and AR 500 in the oil does the job. Turbo was tight too. Like I said, overhead was surgically clean. as in no deposits anywhere. Of course my M's are pre 4. In fact, both have road draft hoses from the valve covers.

Most owners will never see those hours anyway but I farm with mine so they do.

One with 6K and one with 4K.

I'm sure the Rotella T6 contributes as well.

They will last longer than me so I will never replace them.

/ What additives do you use in your fuel and engines?
I've been using Stabil for a number of years in every can of gas I bring home. It has given me good results. I use only non-ethenol fuel in all my gasoline engines. I've also added Star Tron to the machines when I've filled the tanks or mixed my 2 stroke fuel.
HOWEVER, I hadn't used my chainsaw in several months and when I tried to use it the other day I could not get it running up to speed. I made a quick trip to the dealer and he gave me the following information: ALL the service bulletins (he indicated that was across multiple engine manufacturers) are recommending dumping fuel if you're not going to use the machine in 60 days. Even with the additives, the gas is playing havoc with the fuell system components.
I do just that and run them dry when not in use.