What did you break today?

/ What did you break today? #21  
I just used coastal.com on a new pair of progressives, about half what the local optometrist charges. I had to tweak the earpieces slightly but other than that a huge savings (+$200 saved)

Thanks!:thumbsup:

/ What did you break today?
I think about 15 to 20 years ago I broke something and never realized it until now. I broke my desire to socialize and be a social animal within a group. I MUCH prefer living out here - all by myself - and only about once every two months or so go into town to restock supplies. .

I'm into year 4, however my neighbors are closer than yours - just 10 acres to one side and 10 to other.
I'm really liking having the solitude though, but the kids and grandkids come over a lot, so it's pretty sweet.

/ What did you break today? #23  
Using my Makita 4-1/2" disc grinder, I pinched a cut off disc in a piece of steel.
Disc fractured, grinder jumped out of my hands (trigger was locked on), and grabbed the inner thigh of my jeans while still running.
Ruined the jeans, and gave me an inner thigh gash about 4" long.
I did not get stitches, but it certainly was a bloody mess.
That was three months ago, and healing is complete now, but scar will likely remain forever.
98% of the sites I work on if you were to come on site with a trigger lock on your tool, security or safety would cut your cord next to your tool and throw it in the trash with no recourse on your part. Trigger locks will kill you. Don't use them and disable them if possible.

/ What did you break today? #24  
My tv antenna. Trimmed the tree near it, limb broke it off.

/ What did you break today? #25  
Hit my pond suck out siphon drain line with excavator mucking drainage trench. Broke PVC elbow fitting. Good news is my old excavator is running ok.

/ What did you break today? #26  
So much for the post hole digger gearbox - Killed it yesterday. By the rust it looks like it has been on its way out for a while.....

Attachments

• IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
   / What did you break today? #27  
I keep trying to break my mini-ex. Going to have to 澱reak down and buy a water pump and thermostat before I roast the motor for good. So far judicious use has only caused loss of coolant, but if I don稚 fix it, one of these days, Ka-pow right in the kisser.

/ What did you break today? #28  
Cracked the Windshield on the 8560 couple of months ago and had a Glass man come out to repair it by drilling the end of crack & inject resin. Seemed to stop the crack.
Parked it facing the morning sun yesterday to clean the IH Drill after planting wheat the day before and the cracked started again!
Almost all the way across now :mad:

Stop drilling a crack is a standard procedure in aviation circles be it for metal skins or wind shields.
It works!

/ What did you break today? #29  
Last pass for the season with 3pt. finish mower. Idler pulley bearing bit the dust. Repaired one on other side several years ago by drilling all stampings out, replaced bearing and bolted both halves back together. Stacked upside down under a tarp. Nice weather tomorrow so firewood moving is at top of list.

/ What did you break today? #30  
Not today, but recently.
"Fixing" things have just made them worse.

Went to change the nozzle on the fuel oil furnace nozzle, busted the whole fuel tube it screws on to. I screwed it alright!

Put a new throttle cable on Husqvarna brush cutter. Prior to screwing all the covers on I wanted to start it to test the associated kill switch wiring that also runs up to handle with the throttle cable that I had to mess with. Nope! Didn't realize the screws for the top also holds part of the side cover for the pull cord. Without screws, pulling rope flexed it enough that it broke the starter "dog" (?) that engages the motor. FML!

Put on a climbing belt and climbing spikes (for the 2 time ever in my life) to climb a power pole to (temporarily) rope off a telephone cable that a branch had pulled off and was hanging low over driveway. Got half way up and I chickened.., err, "decided to do it later" (plus no one was home to call 911). Climbed back down disgusted and disappointed in myself. Then it got worse! I spent the next 40 minutes to 1 hour trying to undo the 4 buckles that had my feet trapped in the climbing spikes. WTF!! They just would not come undone! Couldn't get enough slack, etc.. Trapped! Couldn't even get slip boots off. Talk about feeling like a b*tch loser. Disgusted. And raging!