What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today? #322  
Self employed ... semi retired
Playing catch up today... after playing hookie yesterday.

/ What did you do at work today? #323  
Off today. But spent the weekend flying to and from NY LaGuardia. Great weekend, 30 minutes early on every arrival!
We flew out to Vegas on Thursday night. Got on the plane. They pushed us back. De-iced. Plane made some funky noises. "Sorry folks. Bad indicator." :(

Back to the gate. Deplane. "It's going to take 30-45 minutes for the mechanic to arrive." Then the flight might get cancelled. Everyone runs for the bar/grill. The bar is closed and every bar employee left because we were the last flight out. All of the vending machines are on the other side of TSA, and all TSA employees had gone home after we boarded as well. Sit and wait.

Airline wanted to give us snacks and drinks, but no liquids can come from the other side of TSA. They finally got a security officer to get us some drinks.

Mechanic shows up, takes care of business, and we finally get out about 3 hours late. At least it wasn't cancelled. ;)

/ What did you do at work today? #324  
We flew out to Vegas on Thursday night. Got on the plane. They pushed us back. De-iced. Plane made some funky noises. "Sorry folks. Bad indicator." :(

Back to the gate. Deplane. "It's going to take 30-45 minutes for the mechanic to arrive." Then the flight might get cancelled. Everyone runs for the bar/grill. The bar is closed and every bar employee left because we were the last flight out. All of the vending machines are on the other side of TSA, and all TSA employees had gone home after we boarded as well. Sit and wait.

Airline wanted to give us snacks and drinks, but no liquids can come from the other side of TSA. They finally got a security officer to get us some drinks.

Mechanic shows up, takes care of business, and we finally get out about 3 hours late. At least it wasn't cancelled. ;)
sheesh - sorry to hear that. I hate to wait.

/ What did you do at work today? #325  
sheesh - sorry to hear that. I hate to wait.
Didn't mind too much. Wife and kid were with me. But felt sorry for our other kid that arrived in Vegas 9 hours before we got there. Anyhow, good times were had by all.

Got back and went and got the car, drove to pay for parking. The lady in the booth said "That'll be $30. You just coming back from Vegas? Win lose or draw?"

I replied "I just lost another $30."

Made her evening. :ROFLMAO:

/ What did you do at work today? #326  

At least they let you off the plane. For about 15 years in the 70s & 80s I did field tech support for a company that made typesetting equipment. Probably 50% travel. Airports were by far the worst part of the job. Way too often a plane would board, only to have some sort of delay that might last an hour or more. For whatever reason often as not they wouldn't/couldn't run any sort of ventilation so the interior became hot and stuffy in short order. At least this was in a time when people were a little more civil in such situations than they are today. I did feel bad for the crew.

/ What did you do at work today? #327  
I've been designing a new instrument for a few weeks. Then today I get word that we have a sale on something I haven't made in 11 years. It's a high pressure plug made out of 17-4 PH SS. 1-3/4" hex stock condition A. It's rare as hen's teeth and very expensive, probably close to $5,000 for 12' if you can find it. I managed to find 1 7/8" hex and will probably mill it down. Then it gets vacuum heat treated with the lot minimum of about $500. Then it will get electropolished with another minimum batch charge. It will have electrical feedthrough on top of that pressurize to about 3 kbar. Out of about 3000 parts we make in the machine shop it's that last thing I wanted to see walk in the door. There's no way we can charge enough to make money on this sale but we'll probably do it at a loss anyway.

/ What did you do at work today? #329  
I'd never get that close to the stink.
LaGuardia is a much better operation than they have in Newark. Also, there is an excellent Halal food truck out in front of the hotel. They pay well, so I’m happy to spend a few days per week out there

/ What did you do at work today? #330  
My house guest flew to Omaha to her son's house today. Departure was at 7:46AM, they got on the plane, sat for a while and the crew came over the intercom and told them that the FAA's computers were down, and they would have to deplane.
Seems the FAA's NOTAM (Notices To Air Men) system went down, and the FAA grounded all flights until it was back up. She finally got out of KSBN around 10:00AM, got to KORD and her flight to KOMA (Omaha) had been cancelled. She finally got out of there at 2:45PM and into Omaha just before 6:00PM.
I told her since we left for the airport at 6:00AM, I could have driven her to Omaha in the same amount of time and delivered her right to her son's door.