What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #91  
Maddening when you do something like that but it is part of life. At least you know what to do. Twice I have started my dozer then begun greasing or gone off to get some tools when all of a sudden I hear the revs increase then it dies. Like you say, DOH, I forgot to turn the manual fuel shut-off valve on that is on the under side of the fuel tank. On that I have to fill the fuel filter and crank until I get good air free flow and then bleed at the injection pump and it will start.

gg

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #92  
I changed the high pressure transmission filter.

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
I made a footrest. Been wanting a footrest for my left foot when mowing, or road grading because of my bad back. Years ago I discovered that a higher shorter reach footrest helps with my sciatica problem on long hauls.
I'm calling it a beartrap design. Hope to get some use soon. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3526.JPG
    IMG_3526.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3527.JPG
    IMG_3527.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 109
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #94  
Nice job Scootr!

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #95  
Today I ordered some works lights with strobes. I found out last week after the time change how useless my headlights are for FEL work. Got a set for each side of the ROP,s. Ill wire the strobes to work with my four ways for road travel. Also ordered a Speco quick hitch.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #96  
Not today but last Sunday I got about 5 hours of seat time on mine.. Looked at the hour meter and Im at about 350 hours.. About due for front tires real soon. I used it with the grapple picking up tree limbs and a bunch of sea grasses we cut down every year.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #97  
Added 1.5qt of 80w90 to the front axle

Not today but last Sunday I got about 5 hours of seat time on mine.. Looked at the hour meter and Im at about 350 hours.. About due for front tires real soon. I used it with the grapple picking up tree limbs and a bunch of sea grasses we cut down every year.
350 hrs isn't many hours for a set of tires.

I added an amber strobe light to my parking brake warning circuit. Mounted it where you could not miss seeing it when I climb onboard. More than once I failed to remember it was on or see the tiny dash light - especially when the dash is covered in dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_3570.JPG
    IMG_3570.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3571.JPG
    IMG_3571.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: