What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,171  
Another great day mowing. This time I hit the 150 hour mark on my XR4140
IMG_1500.JPG

I do indeed love my view, makes it a real pleasure to mow, almost Zen like. Only danger of falling off is near edge by stream, but I was careful today.
Just for variety also took pic back toward house
IMG_1497.JPG

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,172  
Another great day mowing. This time I hit the 150 hour mark on my XR4140
View attachment 651831

I do indeed love my view, makes it a real pleasure to mow, almost Zen like. Only danger of falling off is near edge by stream, but I was careful today.
Just for variety also took pic back toward house
View attachment 651833

Beautiful place!
Is that pasture grass or native vegetation that you just keep mowed down? I imagine that after a couple years without mowing, it would look like a jungle.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,173  
Finally got around to getting my quick hitch fixed up the way I wanted so I thought I would finally get a hydraulic top link. Ordered it at 8:00 am yesterday 4-16 , Fed -ex delivered it today 4-17 . I got the Cat 1 ( 18.25"" - 26.25" ) the 8" range was plenty for my setup. Install was super easy, I bought the 3' hose kit and I'm glad I did, well worth the $50. Super happy with the service from where I bought it, fast & free shipping!!!!

I have no affiliation with this Company whatsoever, if anybody wants to know I could post the name?
Just searched for a good deal and found them!

View attachment 651510 View attachment 651511 View attachment 651512

View attachment 651513 View attachment 651514

They save a ton of time for certain things i had to make a holder chain for when its not in use!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,174  
Beautiful place!
Is that pasture grass or native vegetation that you just keep mowed down? I imagine that after a couple years without mowing, it would look like a jungle.

Not sure what it is officially
This was sugar cane for years, then pasture about 10 years or so. I had a farmer that planted ginger and then Okinawian sweet potato. until about 3 years ago. Never been seeded to my knowledge.
What you see me cutting is only about 6 months growth since I last cut. It doesn’t take long to get out of hand.

If I can keep it mowed regularly it will eventually look like the greener stuff closer to house. But maybe not as I told my neighbor that if he redoes the fence he can rotate his cattle on it, but I would still cut regularly to promote the good growth.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,175  
Finished this round of mowing today. Of course, I also noticed the area I just finished a couple days ago is ready to be hit again.

Had a couple of almost cute companions.
View attachment 652554

This afternoon I removed the rotary mower and mounted my Kioti rototiller. First time on my LS tractor. Unfortunately about half way thru 1st pass I manage to destroy universal on the pto shaft. 15 yo but hasn’t been used in at least 10. Because I seriously dislike throwing things out, I happen to have 2 pieces of shaft with spline connectors. Cut it to size and it works like a champ, but no slip clutch.

View attachment 652555

This is an 80x40 area. 2 passes, likely do 2 more. I was unsure how it would do without plowing first, but XR handled it well without effort.

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,176  
Used "Little Blue" to push over and pick up a dead oak tree in an area I couldn't get "Big Blue" close to.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

Harvested some logs, for the shop fire pit, while I was at it.

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,177  
Got rest of garden area 1st tilling
IMG_1539.JPG

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,178  
20200425_162647.jpg
This is my day not many hrs on tractor but def helps move logs to mill!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,179  
Ripped out a few trees & bushes, hauled some brush and cut a little firewood. The stay at home order has allowed me to get a whole bunch of work done!

2020-04-25_14-04-16_070.jpg 2020-04-25_14-03-59_899.jpg

2020-04-25_17-02-48_032.jpg