What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,681  
Something like this will greatly help with pulling the old seals
https://www.amazon.com/QWORK-Puller...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Other than that, a socket and dead blow for seating the new seals will help.

If I cant get the hub assembly to my hydraulic press, for pressing bearings and races, I use a brass punch and hammer. The brass doesn't gouge anything. But that's for driving bearings and races if I need to and cannot use the press.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,682  
I have a grapple coming in a couple weeks, so I ordered a 2x2 piece of flattened expanded steel from McMaster and made up a grill guard.

I just happened to have some 1” square tube that fit perfectly in the slots in the factory push bar.
IMG_0469.JPG
I used the small Lincoln 220v mig welder with .023 wire to glue it up.
IMG_0471.JPG
I had read somewhere that Rustoliem “sail blue” was a good match for the LS, so I ordered a couple cans from Amazon since I could not find it at my local hardware stores. It did not match as well as I had hoped.
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0473.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG
Overall, I am very happy with it. While I do not intend to use the grapple for moving brush, since I do not have enough trees, I figure that the one time I try to grab some sagebrush, with my luck I would get a stick through the radiator.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,683  
I have a grapple coming in a couple weeks, so I ordered a 2x2 piece of flattened expanded steel from McMaster and made up a grill guard.

I just happened to have some 1” square tube that fit perfectly in the slots in the factory push bar.
View attachment 687540
View attachment 687541
I had read somewhere that Rustoliem “sail blue” was a good match for the LS, so I ordered a couple cans from Amazon since I could not find it at my local hardware stores. It did not match as well as I had hoped.
View attachment 687543
View attachment 687547
View attachment 687548
Overall, I am very happy with it. While I do not intend to use the grapple for moving brush, since I do not have enough trees, I figure that the one time I try to grab some sagebrush, with my luck I would get a stick through the radiator.

Really nice work!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,684  
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,685  
Same here, I'm trying to figure out a weld-free option.
What thickness did you go with?
McMaster-Carr

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,686  
3Lfarms, very nice job on the grill guard!!!!! :thumbsup:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,687  
Same here, I'm trying to figure out a weld-free option.
What thickness did you go with?
McMaster-Carr

I used the .120 thickness flattened expanded wire. It is a little more expensive, but it is nice to work with without the cheese grater feel to it.

Click the flattened filter on the left of that page, then it’s the thickest carbon steel stuff listed (at the bottom). Some of the thinner oddball sizes are actually more expensive.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,688  

View attachment 687540
View attachment 687541
View attachment 687543
View attachment 687547
View attachment 687548

Nice work .. you won't regret building it.

IMG_0234.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,689  
Nice job on the grill guard! Safety blue is the closest match to LS. Very hard to tell the difference unless original paint is faded.

Not sure if all the LS dealers have it, but mine provided an aerosol can of LS touch up paint.... I believe it has a part number on it.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,690  
Nice job on the grill guard! Safety blue is the closest match to LS. Very hard to tell the difference unless original paint is faded.

Not sure if all the LS dealers have it, but mine provided an aerosol can of LS touch up paint.... I believe it has a part number on it.

Yep, Safety Blue is "close". When I took my grill guard off to modify it, I first stopped by a Sherwin-Willams paint store, had them scan it, and bought a quart of enamel.

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

John gave me a can of the LS too.