What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,011  
The importer for LS Tractors here in Portugal just released a promo video on the new Stage V emissions ready LS tractors.

I thought you guys might enjoy a little video. It's not really worth to create a new thread just for this, so I hope it's ok to post here.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,012  
The importer for LS Tractors here in Portugal just released a promo video on the new Stage V emissions ready LS tractors.

I thought you guys might enjoy a little video. It's not really worth to create a new thread just for this, so I hope it's ok to post here.

Still not used to the center mounted ROPS!
The other thing I noticed is they were struggling to pull a 1 or 2 bottom plow and I figured my MT240 would pull a 2 bottom fine maybe even a 3 bottom based on our old IH464 (42 hp) could pull a 2 bottom easily back in the day.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,013  
Still not used to the center mounted ROPS!
The other thing I noticed is they were struggling to pull a 1 or 2 bottom plow and I figured my MT240 would pull a 2 bottom fine maybe even a 3 bottom based on our old IH464 (42 hp) could pull a 2 bottom easily back in the day.
The center mounted ROPS is really a must here, otherwise we couldn't do much around trees.

I don't really see it struggling at all. That's a single 16" bottom plow on a 35HP tractor with R1 Radials and it's pulling just fine on some hard clay we have here. It would probably pull a 2 12" plow just fine.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,014  
I think that was a single bottom plow,
but it was a wide single bottom going fairly deep.
Looked all most like an 18 or 20" bottom.
Did seem to be pulling hard, but I didn't see a single stone get turned up.
Interesting little video.

I see ptsg posted while I was typing,
thats only a 16" it was sure rolling the dirt over a long way.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,015  
I think that was a single bottom plow,
but it was a wide single bottom going fairly deep.
Looked all most like an 18 or 20" bottom.
Did seem to be pulling hard, but I didn't see a single stone get turned up.
Interesting little video.

I see ptsg posted while I was typing,
thats only a 16" it was sure rolling the dirt over a long way.
This is a 16" bottom plow I received as a trade in for an homemade trailer. It's pretty much the same as the video but from another maker.

I'm not that much into plows, just the basic stuff for the most part, so I don't know if our 16" plow means the same as the ones in the US.

IMG_20190707_160347.jpg
IMG_20190707_160338.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,016  
The center mounted ROPS is really a must here, otherwise we couldn't do much around trees.

I don't really see it struggling at all. That's a single 16" bottom plow on a 35HP tractor with R1 Radials and it's pulling just fine on some hard clay we have here. It would probably pull a 2 12" plow just fine.
at the 38 sec. mark it was in 4wd and had noticable wheel slippage. I missed that there was smaller than 45 HP tractors and couldn't see the number on the side. That makes me feel a little more confident my MT240 can pull a 2 bottom.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,017  
at the 38 sec. mark it was in 4wd and had noticable wheel slippage. I missed that there was smaller than 45 HP tractors and couldn't see the number on the side. That makes me feel a little more confident my MT240 can pull a 2 bottom.

What's the size of the plow you're looking for? Between the hydrostatic transmission and R4 tires, it may disappoint you. Anything bigger than a 2 10" bottom, it may struggle.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,018  
This is a 16" bottom plow I received as a trade in for an homemade trailer. It's pretty much the same as the video but from another maker.

I'm not that much into plows, just the basic stuff for the most part, so I don't know if our 16" plow means the same as the ones in the US.

View attachment 714451 View attachment 714452
Interesting. Do you have to get off the tractor to select which moldboard/direction is down?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,019  
Interesting. Do you have to get off the tractor to select which moldboard/direction is down?
Not at all. It's fully automatic. You basically, lift it up and it will flip on it's own. Pretty cool system and works very well. You can also lock it, so it won't flip to the other side if you don't need it to.

I have a little video showing that on mine:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,020  
What's the size of the plow you're looking for? Between the hydrostatic transmission and R4 tires, it may disappoint you. Anything bigger than a 2 10" bottom, it may struggle.
I'm not looking seriously yet, maybe in a few years. I have R1's, I'd never have a tractor with r4's unless all it was for was loader work!
I have a 65" disk that with the weights on it weighs 950 and it has gotten deep into some soil and pulled it just fine in 4wd so I am pretty sure a 2-10 or 2-12 plow should be fine, a 3 bottom may be too much.